PDA

View Full Version : Top Two on flushed board, Big Pot

BonJoviJones
07-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls $8 (All-In), <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets $12 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 2 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Anybody dislike my call-cap on the flop?

The turn call is very slightly bad compared strictly to pot odds (to fill), but implied odds should help. Except two people are all-in. Comments?

No way I can fold the river, correct?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
07-02-2004, 01:34 PM
I would raise the flop, there are too many possible draws out there to slowplay (although in this case it didn't matter all that much). You absolutely have to call the turn and river - the pot's huge. Well played overall.

Haupt_234
07-02-2004, 01:34 PM
I think raising the flop was needed here. The board had a lot of texture to it and you don't want anybody drawing to longshot draws for cheap. Raising would have also made the hand easier since you could have seen how MP2 reacted to 2 bets cold.

The rest of the hand plays itself, since I don't think you can lay this down at any point.

[ QUOTE ]
No way I can fold the river, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Haupt_234

BonJoviJones
07-02-2004, 01:47 PM
I was planning on betting out the flop, or if an EP bet then raise that. The problem was I didn't want to confront the whole field with a double bet. Flush draws aren't going anywhere, but I'd love for overcards/TP type hands to call.

Had the turn been a blank I would have pulled the trigger on the expensive street.

When it was 3-bet back to me I figured it was going to get capped anyway, and I may as well do it with what is likely the best hand.