PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 hand #110 - learning from Meister

nykenny
07-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Online Hold'em 15-30:

i had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and open limped. only SB and BB came along.

flop was 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bet, BB raised. i took a quick moment and decided to show some strength and cold called (while mentally reviewing a 200-400 hand that was discussed recently) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

turn was a total blank 0 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). both checked to me, and I bet in rythum. Both folded.

comments?

astroglide
07-02-2004, 12:37 PM
it's only a valid play if you are against thinking/decent players. odds are high that you weren't.

TimTimSalabim
07-02-2004, 12:52 PM
I always like to bet when the 0/images/graemlins/heart.gif hits the turn /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Watch out for the 1/images/graemlins/heart.gif though.

nykenny
07-02-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's only a valid play if you are against thinking/decent players. odds are high that you weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, if they were, they'd call my ass, or bet the turn, i am gone

nykenny
07-02-2004, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always like to bet when the 0/images/graemlins/heart.gif hits the turn /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Watch out for the 1/images/graemlins/heart.gif though.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, it is rare for me to get a total blank when i need one, even as bad as a 1 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. so i consider my self very lucky this time /images/graemlins/grin.gif, maybe even running good, but i lost last nite again, so maybe not so good...

Inthacup
07-02-2004, 01:29 PM
or bet the turn, i am gone

You would fold on the turn for 1 bet?

nykenny
07-02-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or bet the turn, i am gone

You would fold on the turn for 1 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends ... i do have MAD outs! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
07-02-2004, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, horrible play in this game.

DcifrThs
07-02-2004, 02:10 PM
uh...what???

this is rediculous..i can't believe they folded kenny...for the opponents you were likely against this makes no sense...

no good.

-Barron

nykenny
07-02-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, horrible play in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, u want the truth??? u can't handle the truth!!!

alright alright, i was somewhat on a slightish tilt... :shamed:

nykenny
07-02-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uh...what???

this is rediculous..i can't believe they folded kenny...for the opponents you were likely against this makes no sense...

no good.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe, it was weird to me too, i almost NEVER EVER call or 3bet for that matter, on this flop. my default play is to fold. however, either i was on tilt or i just got fancy, i called for the first time in my life...

well it was a fun hand.

Kenny

Dav123
07-02-2004, 05:27 PM
"while mentally reviewing a 200-400 hand that was discussed recently"

I know you are mainly talking about the comment that cold calling was stronger than raising, but that is only if the others play real well AND know you play real well. Also, there were 4 bets put in preflop in that example. None of these applied in your case.

Senor Choppy
07-03-2004, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
alright alright, i was somewhat on a slightish tilt... :shamed:

[/ QUOTE ]

What a useful hand to post.