PDA

View Full Version : General "moving up" observations....any opinions welcome

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

was hoping for another perspective to see if my brief observations can be accepted or not..

I've logged about 25000 hands at 2/4
about 2000 hands at 3/6 (very small)
and 4000 hands at 1/2

all at party

I'm making a few generalitions here, are they acceptable?

1/2: extremely loose/passive...consistently 6-7 to the flop with garbage. bet/raise good hands and people will call with mid pairs and long shot draws.
expect some bad beats and suckouts, expect big swings, but solid straight forward play will win money

2/4...substantially tighter pre flop. overall still fairly passive and straight forward (most of the time) but more players playing very tight pre flop.

3/6 (in my very limited sample) has been EXTREMELY aggressive. to me, it seems WAY more aggressive than 2/4 and looser preflop.

at 2/4 i've built my bankroll enough to cover me at 3/6, but am not sure how long it will take me to adjust to the maniacally (sp?) aggressive games i've seen so far...

can anyone with more experience comment on my experiences?

thanks a bunch!
steve

Haupt_234
07-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Seems pretty close to what I have encountered, although I wouldn't call 3/6 "extremely more aggressive" than 2/4. It is more aggressive, but not by much.

I've played .50/1 to 3/6 so far. Everytime I move up, it is a little bit tighter and a little more aggressive, as you would expect from higher limits.

A piece of advice I can give you is to be tighter in the SB of 3/6, since unlike 2/4, it is a third of the blind instead of a half.

Haupt_234

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 04:23 PM
sorry for the bump..but i'd love some opinions from others who have made the move recently..

sthief09
07-02-2004, 04:28 PM
3/6 really isn't that aggressive at all. I'm sure you'll feel differently after more hands.

there's always the option of taking 50 BB to 3/6 and taking a shot. if you lose it, work at 2/4 for a couple of weeks and take another shot at 3/6.

Ron
07-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi, /images/graemlins/ooo.gifI agree with your general feeling about different tables LIMITS. At 3/6 level I feel pressure more because the reraise is $12 not just 2 BB. I follow the advice 50 BB and lost it at 3/6 so now back to 2/4. If only I was rich /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Enjoy the day /images/graemlins/grin.gif