PDA

View Full Version : AQo 15-30 PP hand

Turning Stone Pro
07-02-2004, 11:11 AM
10 handed PP 15-30. Usual suspects.

I have AQo on the button. Early UTG player raises. Appears to be a typical PP player, dont know him (or her).

All folded to me. I call. (Buckshot posted a similar situation a few weeks ago . . .is calling the worst thing? I can never bring myself to muck in this situation, so the only other option is raising).

flop comes 9 7 2. rainbow. UTG bets, I raise. UTG calls.

Turn is a 6. UTG checks, I bet, UTG calls. (I am almost 100% positive he has AK)

River is an 8. (board is 97268) UTG checks.

I'd appreciate comments on every street, as well as what you would do on the river.

Thanks in advance!

TSP

highlife
07-02-2004, 12:15 PM
If you put him on that strongly AK, which is a logical read, a bet is in order on the river.

A 3bet preflop would have been pretty good to make sure the blinds are out of it, and maybe rule out AA, KK, QQ if he doesnt cap.

DcifrThs
07-02-2004, 12:22 PM
without a read here i normally fold to an "early UTG raise"...AQ is unlikely to be good here a lot as the player would have to have KQ QJ AJ etc. for you to play and when he does you should raise...i don't like the call.

i usually just toss it because a) its lower variance (not a justification in and of itself but if its a SMALL amount of EV i don't mind giving up that teensy tinsy little edge to reduce variance by a much greater factor), b) no chance to make a 2nd best hand, and c) no pressure to have to try to get AK to fold

-Barron

highlife
07-02-2004, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
without a read here i normally fold to an "early UTG raise"...AQ is unlikely to be good here a lot as the player would have to have KQ QJ AJ etc. for you to play and when he does you should raise...i don't like the call.

i usually just toss it because a) its lower variance (not a justification in and of itself but if its a SMALL amount of EV i don't mind giving up that teensy tinsy little edge to reduce variance by a much greater factor), b) no chance to make a 2nd best hand, and c) no pressure to have to try to get AK to fold

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I like what he said alot better, thanks Barron.

Zele
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
You are right, calling is the worst thing. Raise it or fold, and against a complete unknown I lean towards folding. If by the end you were sure he had AK, you probably have enough info to fold here.

I would probably take a shot on the river, if your are truly sure he has AK. But it is close, and if the river was a complete brick I would have said check.

nykenny
07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
once u get to river, there is no better opportunity to bet than looking at the 6789x board... if he does call with AK unimprove, u just have to puke and make a note of him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rory
07-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Fold preflop unless you know something special about this guy. You might as well bet the river and hope he folds.