PDA

View Full Version : AA in the small blind

01-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Comments on my play of this hand in a generally passive 15-30 game at Bellagio would be much appreciated.

Two middle players limp in and the button raises. I look down to two black aces and reraise. Both limpers call, and the button, a generally tight passive player makes it four bets. I make it five bets and four see the Q-3-3 rainbow flop. I bet out and all call.

The turn is an ominous K. I check. The button bets, and I call. The river is a blank. I check again, and call the button's bet.

My thinking was this: the possible hands that the button could have made it four bets with were AA, KK, QQ and possibly AKs. I did not think that this player was aggressive enough to reraise a smaller pair with the hopes of getting a free card on the flop if he did not see his set. So, when the K hits the turn, I think there is a good chance that I am beat, and if not, I may be able to induce two big bets from AK.

I was wondering if I played this hand weakly -- should I have bet the turn and folded to a raise? That would have saved me one bet, but I think I would be giving up too much by folding in this spot. Comments?

01-16-2002, 08:23 AM
I like your play. When the button makes it four to go, give him credit, and KK is a logical read given your rockets. I would have check & called it down the same way.

01-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Go back to paradise, meowhead. But if you are gonna play live poker, the Bellagio is the cat's choice. Maybe I'll stop by some time. I'm not hard to find........I'm the one with the whiskers and meows aloud after every pot I win.

=^._.^=

01-16-2002, 01:44 PM
I thought of you when I drove past Henderson.

RH