PDA

View Full Version : i should not have been in this pot

kgrad5
07-02-2004, 10:27 AM
but since i was, shoudl i have capped the river? i could not figure out what i was being reraised with and another chaser, then the board paired i figured i had lost..

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, BB calls, CO calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls, Hero caps, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, CO calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, CO calls, Hero caps, SB calls, CO calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, CO calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, CO calls $1 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows As 6c (two pair, aces and tens).
CO shows Ac 7h (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows 5h Jh (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 31.50 BB. </font>

Bill Smith
07-02-2004, 10:36 AM
This is similar to my "How bad is this river 3-bet?" post, and I'm convinced the river cap is probably a bad idea here. SB way overplayed this, and I would've seriously feared a set-rivered-boat here. CO should be your new best friend (if this hand didn't bust him for good).

And yes... horrible PF call. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

easypete
07-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Fold preflop.

Don't cap the river. The betting feels like trips on the flop and turn. River card sucks. SB has been aggressive all hand and comes out betting on river as well... I may have just called there, but raising for value is ok... don't think I would cap tho.

k000k
07-02-2004, 11:06 AM
K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif could be out there, drawing to beat you (or made already, like you).. Any other heart on the board and I'll be slowing down bigtime.. 66 88 and TT would be my head too..

Having 3rd high flush on a paired board with 2 opp's seeing 4 bets on the flop and turn and not slowing down on the river doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside...

RED_RAIN
07-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Your preflop flop raise is insane. Good luck in the long run on plays like that.

I think the play is fine. I wouldn't be surprised to have SB have a full or CO have a made flush Q high.