PDA

View Full Version : Software Upgrade for Gaming Club + TYVM bonus

Gaming Club
07-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey All,

We've just gone live with a new version of The Gaming Club Poker Room software. This version includes some new features, as well as some changes which we believe will significantly enhance your online poker playing experience.

Big thanks to all the posters here who have given feedback and comments over the past several months, out of which a number of the changes + new features have arisen. We really appreciate all the constructive criticism, and hope that it keeps coming in spades /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This post sets out some of the changes in the hope of soliciting feedback in respect thereof. Accordingly, for those of you who are masochistic enough to read all the way to the end of this post, and as a way of saying TYVM for all the constructive feedback in the past, in our profile you'll find details of a Zoo-specific "evaluation and TYVM" bonus we've currently got on offer.

Caveat re the extent of the upgrade
Bear in mind that a number of changes / upgrades / improvements requested in the past remain outstanding. This upgrade is the first among a number that are scheduled for the coming months, so don't despair if something that you'd like to see changed or introduced has not yet been taken care of - we're confident that in relatively short order you'll see what you're looking for taken care of.

Without further ado, here’s what’s in store for y'all:

Mini View
*said in classic infomercial narration style - picture William Shatner standing on the deck of the Starship Enterprise, obviously struggling while trying to play multiple tables using all of Sulu and Chekov's navigation screens*

Tired of tables being too big and bulky to fit more than one on the screen at a time?
Want to be able to monitor all of your opponents' play at the same time?
Worried about slowing down play while ALT-TABing from one table to another?

Now all of these problems and more are solved … our Mini View option allows you to comfortably fit 4 tables on one screen, all at the same time.

This is done by simply clicking on the menu button once your table is open and selecting “Change Table Size” from the menu.

This option is of course just that (i.e. an option), so those that like their tables full-sized can stay just the way they are.

For the multi-tabling jockeys tho we think this new feature is really cool, since it is the first form of multi-table simultaneous view that we are aware of that still keeps the look and feel of the poker table in view. Our opinion notwithstanding, we'd very much appreciate any and all comments and criticisms about how this new feature works for you.

Re-worked Betting Slider
If the betting slider gets the better of you, all you need to do is right click on the bet slider to access the “quick bet” feature. A little pop-up menu will appear giving you a choice of betting increments.

You can also type your bet amount into the box on the right hand side of the betting slider and hit your Enter/Return key. Your Bet/Raise button will automatically reflect the amount you typed in and then you just need to click your Bet/Raise button to bet that amount.

Upgraded Player Notes
Any notes that you have on other players will be indicated by a little note icon in the top right hand corner of their player information box. So now you can see which players you have notes for without having to hover over them with your cursor. Simply click on the note icon and the details will pop up immediately. Deleting the note text will remove the note icon from their player info box.

The development boys (and girls) have worked hard on getting these new features working so please feel free to put them through their paces and give us any feedback you can.

Please bear in mind that these are more functional changes than aesthetic changes – those are still in the queue and will be coming, but we felt it a little more important that ease of use be addressed first.

But Wait, There’s More! … Poker Tracker compatibility is now confirmed
Thanks to Ptrack Pat, our ring game hand histories are now fully compatible with Poker Tracker. According to a warning note from the Poker Tracker website, don’t import any hand histories that you’ve saved prior to June 1st into Poker Tracker or it will result in inaccurate information. This is due to compatibility issues with older hand histories. All should be 100% fine going forward tho.

If you call now … or rather check out our profile … you also get free money!
We’ve also got a little sweetener for you since we’ve been asked so many times, and because we'd really like to encourage y'all to test out our newly upgraded software.

We think it's a very generous offer - you'll find all the details via a link in our profile.

That’s all for now folks - we’ll update again once we have further information. And as always, please let us know what you think, good or bad.

Jim Easton
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I've never had a problem with the Gaming Club's posts, but are you aware one of your affiliates is spamming these boards?

Internet (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=797396&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#797396)

Small Stakes (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=797392&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#797392)

Micro-Limits (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=797394&page=0&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#797394)

PugX
07-02-2004, 10:35 AM
I have never played at Gaming Club but now I looked around and I think I will going to test to play in next week. I'm more for upcommers then the big sites like Party.

When getting bonus for "raked hands". Is a raked hand all hands that given rake or is it all hands which I personally have contributed rake?

Best Regards,

PugX

kiemo
07-02-2004, 12:33 PM
In the past a raked hand at TGC was a hand you actually contributed money to.

Gaming Club
07-02-2004, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've never had a problem with the Gaming Club's posts, but are you aware one of your affiliates is spamming these boards?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for letting us know Jim. In fact we’ve actually asked Mat to remove the posts and we’ll also be speaking to our affiliate partner to caution the affiliate.

[ QUOTE ]

I have never played at Gaming Club but now I looked around and I think I will going to test to play in next week

[/ QUOTE ]
Great stuff PugX. Be sure to give us a trip report and any feedback that you have – it will be most appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]

When getting bonus for "raked hands". Is a raked hand all hands that given rake or is it all hands which I personally have contributed rake?

[/ QUOTE ]
A raked hand is a game where the player contributed to the pot and a rake for the house was taken.

Hope that explains it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Michael Davis
07-02-2004, 01:08 PM
If you need to change the number of hands played requirement, please do, but this online system of terming a hand "raked" only when a player contributes money to the pot is misleading and borderline fraudulent.

Notice that in hold 'em, the blinds pay for a player to play the entire round. In seven card stud, this is taken care of with the ante. The structure is exactly the same in hold 'em, except that in this game it makes more sense to have players take turns anteing for everyone, as these can be made live bets and fuels the betting.

Just because I fold preflop does not mean I didn't pay for the hand. I did when I paid my blinds for this round. To say I only get credit for a raked hand when I "put money in the pot" is ridiculous.

Note that this policy is also inconsistent with the fact that new players must post a blind before they receive cards. Since your raked hand system doesn't credit players for EVERY hand that they've rightfully paid for, I don't see why a player shouldn't be allowed to just pop in the game and get cards. Do you see what I'm saying?

-Michael

Gaming Club
07-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Comments noted Michael. We'll be looking over them and will respond in due course.

Just a note concerning the bonus to those eager beavers out there: We're not the Terminator so we eventually do need some sleep /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

We will be coming in over the course of the weekend to evaluate your PM's so please don't spam our PM box, just one will be enough. We will get to them and will confirm with you via return PM whether you've made it or not. If you don't get a response during the weekend, you'll get one during the week. You don't have to worry because the time limit on the bonus only kicks in once we've replied to you confirming your eligibility.

Phew - we've gone through quite a few PM's already /images/graemlins/grin.gif and are going to get some much needed sleep now, so check out the software during the weekend and let us know if you approve of the changes.

Good luck and good cards all!

GC

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Ok. I smell some B.S here.

Quote from gamingclub guys bio [ QUOTE ]
Click here for details of our Zoo-only "Deposit $0 and get up to $200 free" bonus for existing accounts … that's right - no deposit required!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then quote from the actual offer [ QUOTE ]
If you do not have any funds in your account, you will of course first have to make a deposit in order to play. Our poker room has a minimum deposit requirement of just $20, although you can of course choose to deposit more if you wish. The amount of bonus that you can earn bears no relation to the size of your deposit, so if you do need or want to deposit funds in order to take advantage of this offer then how much is entirely up to you, subject to the $20 minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamingclub guy we all would appreciate a little less bullshit in your offers. You first say deposit nothing and get the thank you bonus. Then the offer says you have to deposit or have money in your account to get the offer.

I understand there is no free lunch, but this is total B.S

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Adding. the promo goes on to say

[ QUOTE ]
Seize the moment and venture into the world of winnings at The Gaming Club Poker Room. Play with up to $200 FREE on your first deposit of $20!

[/ QUOTE ]

This would imply that after you deposit you are awarded a random bonus to PLAY with. In fact you have to play a certain number of hands to get any bonuses whatsoever. I have no problem with hand contigent bonuses. I do, however have a problem with someone implying that you get money right after you deposit when in fact you have to play hands to get any bonus at all.

Very very misleading.

[ QUOTE ]
from his post he says "please don't spam our PM box"

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems as if we are the ones being spammed, not the other way around bucko.

Cubswin
07-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Gabyyyy

You are one cheap whinning bastard... but you do make my coupon clipping obsession look normal... so thank you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

regards

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gabyyyy

You are one cheap whinning bastard... but you do make my coupon clipping obsession look normal... so thank you

regards

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was the absolute truth. If these online gaming sites were regulated and had to adhere to fair advertising rules, this guy would have been fined and his buisness license revoked.

Most people would have thought from his post that it was a free money bonus for all the server crap and other issues we have had to put up with there. Instead it was spam to get us to deposit and deal with more problems for a difficult to clear "conditional" bonus.

Alobar
07-02-2004, 03:03 PM
congrats gabyyy, you are the proud owner of the stupidest post of the day.

How else could you work off a bonus if you had no money, so of course you would have to make a deposit to work off the bonus. Its not shady advertising, its called common sense. I'm sure if you PM the details they will deposit $200 in your account, and unless you know something the rest of us don't you arnt going to be able to work it off with a balance of $0.

I wouldn't be suprised it TGCguy added that clause just so morons like you couldn't bitch that you have $200 in your account and a balance of $0 and how dare they do such an underhanded thing as give you free money you cant access!!

Cubswin
07-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Gabyyy

This is no different then when a store offers a "buy one get one free" and states in fine print that the freebie must be of equal or lesser value. It is not like the information about the TGC offer is hidden away...it is right there for all to see.

regards
cubswin

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How else could you work off a bonus if you had no money, so of course you would have to make a deposit to work off the bonus. Its not shady advertising, its called common sense. I'm sure if you PM the details they will deposit $200 in your account, and unless you know something the rest of us don't you arnt going to be able to work it off with a balance of $0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen you tool, it says get $200.00 deposit 0

How the hell else am I supposed to take it? I did not write the promo. You do not think this is deceptive?

For clarification I would not play on the gaming club site even if the bonus did not require a deposit or funds in my account.

Alobar
07-02-2004, 03:08 PM
guess what moron, I'm going to deposit $0 and I'm going to get $200 free....imagine that, just what the promo claims

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is no different then when a store offers a "buy one get one free" and states in fine print

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen I'M not going to argue with you. Think what you want, and if you do not think this offer was deceptive then go for it.

BTW there was no fine print in the bio or the original post. In fact the bio said deposit ZERO. He was spamming this forum plain and simple, making it like he was giving us free money for all the crap we had to deal with there.

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
guess what moron, I'm going to deposit $0 and I'm going to get $200 free....imagine that, just what the promo claims

[/ QUOTE ]

No your not. You will have to play several hundred hands to even be able to PLAY with that bonus money.

Alobar
07-02-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No your not. You will have to play several hundred hands to even be able to PLAY with that bonus money.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm still not going to have to make a deposit

Cubswin
07-02-2004, 03:14 PM
....so if a car dealership advertises "zero percent financing" and then puts in fine print that this is for well qualified cutomers this is false advertising? Can you see where you logic goes astray?

cubs

gabyyyyy
07-02-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm still not going to have to make a deposit

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jesus, you really are stupid. Or perhaps you are just trying to be.

It has to do with the fact that the bonus offer says you can get money for just being a 2+2 member.

You already have money in your account there which means you must have had to DEPOSIT at some time, and any bonus you get will have to be EARNED.

I really do not know how to make it any more clear.

Alobar
07-02-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....so if a car dealership advertises "zero percent financing" and then puts in fine print that this is for well qualified cutomers this is false advertising? Can you see where you logic goes astray?

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she can see logic....or even knows what that word means

uuDevil
07-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Will any of these upgrades allow us to easily check the number of raked hand we have played?

JTG51
07-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Two questions for the Gaming Club, or anyone else that knows:

1) How many hands do I have to play to clear this bonus?

2) Is the $200 bonus deposited into my account to play with right away (even though it can't be withdrawn until the correct number of hands is played), or is it deposited after I play the raked hands? In other words, if I deposit $100, will I have $300 to play with?

UncleDuke
07-02-2004, 05:16 PM
I like the sound of the changes, and I'll check them out soon. Regarding the bonus offer, is this bonus cleared using the same formula as the initial sign-up bonus? If so, what is the treatment of raked hands played in NL and PL games? It appears that the bonus redemption schedule only addresses limit games.

For those that haven't seen it, the schedule is as follows:

Limit ...........Points per raked hand

.25/.50 - .50/1 .. 1
1/2 .................. 2
2/4 or greater ... 3

For every 300 points, you clear $20 worth of bonus up to the maximum. You have 30 days from sign-up to play the hands (at least in the case of the new account bonus).

Gaming Club
07-02-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

uuDevil
Will any of these upgrades allow us to easily check the number of raked hand we have played?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ashamedly we admit that this is still work in progress. For the time being, our tech support centre is your only port of call for this info.

As you'll see below tho, the pure RH count isn't what truly matters in this instance, since to clear the bonus you need to earn a number of Bonus Redemption Points (BRPs), and you get different points for playing different limits.

[ QUOTE ]

JTG51
1) How many hands do I have to play to clear this bonus?
2) Is the $200 bonus deposited into my account to play with right away (even though it can't be withdrawn until the correct number of hands is played), or is it deposited after I play the raked hands? In other words, if I deposit $100, will I have $300 to play with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies - we've just checked the page on our site that supposedly explains all of this stuff and found that it's missing a bunch of crucial detail - this omission will be rectified shortly.

In the meantime, or for those of you not interested in following the link in our profile to get the detail, here it is in brief:

The bonus is payable in increments of $20, up to $200 max
Each $20 is payable once you earn 300 Bonus Redemption Points (BRPs)
You get 1 BRP for each raked hand (RH) at $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1.00, 2 BRPs at $1/$2 and 3 BRPs at $2/$4 and higher
No BRPs are earned at the $0.05/$0.10 and $0.10/$0.20 tables, nor for tournament play

So to answer your questions more directly:

1) The rules above equate to a 5x RH requirement at $2/$4 and above, 7.5x at $1/$2 and 15x at $0.25/$0.50 and $0.50/$1.00.

2) Play the raked hands first and you get the bonus afterwards. Once you get the bonus there are no cashout restrictions.

We should probably also note that the crediting of the bonus will be done with a slight lag - hopefully no more than a few hours each time, so don't get too antsy if you do find yourself waiting a little while. If anyone has to wait more than 12 hours we'll pay interest at the current Fed funds rate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

UncleDuke
Regarding the bonus offer, is this bonus cleared using the same formula as the initial sign-up bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]

If so, what is the treatment of raked hands played in NL and PL games? It appears that the bonus redemption schedule only addresses limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, apologies for the lack of clarity. The treatment is the same for all types of real money play, including PL and NL

UncleDuke
07-02-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, apologies for the lack of clarity. The treatment is the same for all types of real money play, including PL and NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to further clarify, is an NL/PL table equated with a limit table with the same blinds or one with the same numbers in the "name?" What I'm getting at here is, for example, a ".50/$1" NL table has the same blinds as a $1/$2 limit table. To put these on somewhat of the same level, I believe PokerTracker actually uses double the big blind to determine BB/100 hands for NL games. (The BB here is "big bets" which, of course, doesn't actually have a meaning in NL).

Poker Jet
07-02-2004, 07:09 PM
gabby said

Listen you tool, it says get $200.00 deposit 0

Actually it says deposit 0 get up to $200 (note the up to means ur going to HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO GET IT LOL)

Poker Jet
07-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Gabby continues

Oh jesus, you really are stupid. Or perhaps you are just trying to be.

It has to do with the fact that the bonus offer says you can get money for just being a 2+2 member.

You already have money in your account there which means you must have had to DEPOSIT at some time, and any bonus you get will have to be EARNED.

I really do not know how to make it any more clear.

ACTUALLY YES IT DOES FOR 2+2 PPL, CAUSE FOR EVERYONE ELSE, YOU HAD TO BE A BRAND NEW GAMING CLUB POKER PLAYER.... THEY ARE ALLOWING US AT 2+2 WITH ACCOUNTS ALREADY TO GET IN THE SAME BONUS AS A BRAND NEW PERSON!

kiemo
07-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok so it breaks down like this.

I would play .25/.50 so I earn 1 point on every raked hand.

300 points to earn $20 = 300 hands

I will play about 30% of my hands including the blinds and lets say about 65% of hands played at this limit are raked.

That means I have to play about 1500 hands to clear $20.

Assuming about 110 hands an hour playing 2 tables and I figure to clear each $20 I need to play in about 14 hours.

And since I currently have no money on the site, I would have to deposit to begin earning the bonus, which your link I think purposely misleads people in believing they dont - (ie I am in 100% with Gabyyy on this one.)

Jim Kuhn
07-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Thank you very much for the great bonus! I really like the mini view. It is much better than the UB mini view. One question though - why is the fold button on the right instead of the left?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Mike Haven
07-02-2004, 08:53 PM
why is the fold button on the right instead of the left?

most of us don't watch ourselves in the mirror while we play, Jim

JTG51
07-02-2004, 09:25 PM
I was just doing the same math.

If I do this bonus it would be to play small NL or PLO. Playing one table at a time, the bonus seems to be worth somewhere between $.50 and $0.75 per hour. Nice offer, but I think I'll pass.

videopro
07-02-2004, 09:28 PM
First time I sat at two real money tables the new software's video froze. Couldn't see action on either table. Just heard the audio continue. When I exited the 2nd table the client unfroze and the first table came back to life. I exited and rebooted and couldnt recreate the freezeup on free money tables but I couldnt get the mini-view to work. Scarrrrry

Gaming Club
07-03-2004, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UncleDuke
Just to further clarify, is an NL/PL table equated with a limit table with the same blinds or one with the same numbers in the "name?" What I'm getting at here is, for example, a ".50/$1" NL table has the same blinds as a $1/$2 limit table.

[/ QUOTE ]

FL and PL/NL are equated based on the numbers in the "name" (actually in the "Stakes" field in the games lobby).

You're right to point out that this results in a discrepancy in the blinds. Notwithstanding this, however, we felt that it was better to take the simplest route and go with what would be easiest for the average player to understand at first glance.

[ QUOTE ]

kiemo
Ok so it breaks down like this.
I would play .25/.50 so I earn 1 point on every raked hand.
300 points to earn $20 = 300 hands
I will play about 30% of my hands including the blinds and lets say about 65% of hands played at this limit are raked.
That means I have to play about 1500 hands to clear $20.
Assuming about 110 hands an hour playing 2 tables and I figure to clear each $20 I need to play in about 14 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a lot tighter than most of the players on our site if you're only playing 30% of hands including blinds. For our average player, in excess of 50% of hands are counted as raked hands per our definition.

That said, we're well aware that the bonus structure isn't very attractive to micro-limit players (using the 2+2 definition of micro-limit) from a time-to-earn perspective, although we do believe that this is substantially made up for by the fact that $200 total is more than is on offer anywhere else, plus we believe that our games are softer than average, making the overall proposition quite profitable.

Assuming for the moment that you agree that our games are at least as soft as where you normally play, then by definition the proposition is more profitable than playing for no bonus since you are getting more back than you otherwise would. And, of course, nothing stops you from playing to earn our bonus while doing the same elsewhere - the real difference is that to earn our bonus you don't have to make a large deposit, thus tying up a big chunk of your bankroll in doing so.

This is especially true for the average micro-limit player, who isn't likely to need a $500 bankroll to play a $0.25/$0.50 in order to earn $100 of bonus. Of course if you're a millionaire playing $0.25/$0.50 for fun then this doesn't apply to you (but then a $200 bonus probably wouldn't touch sides for you anyway), but our average player at that limit isn't depositing much more than $50-$100 at a time, so we do think that this point has some degree of relevance.

Of course, if you have bonus offers coming out of your ears and limited time in which to take advantage of them, then you would do better at a micro-limit to choose an offer that maximizes value per hour. However, for players at $2/$4 or above, our offer compares very well on a value per hour basis. Similarly, if you have lots of time between now and 31 July and figure to be able to play the basic game with +EV, then the total amount available should in our estimation be quite attractive.

In the end tho, it really comes down to the quality of the games in our opinion - if they aren't soft enough, then almost no bonus isn't going to make up for the lack of +EV in playing the basic game itself.

[ QUOTE ]

And since I currently have no money on the site, I would have to deposit to begin earning the bonus, which your link I think purposely misleads people in believing they dont - (ie I am in 100% with Gabyyy on this one.)

[/ QUOTE ]

We're sorry if anyone finds the wording in our profile misleading - it certainly wasn't meant to be. We have a longstanding relationship with this forum, and would hope that all of the long-time members will agree that we have never been anything less than open and honest in our postings here.

There is a very limited amount of space in the profile, hence we tried to choose our words carefully, but in the end it would be impossible to explain everything there. The link given in our profile redirects to a web page that gives a full explanation, so we really don't think it's fair to claim we're trying to mislead anyone. Certainly if you read the web page you will know what you are in for.

[ QUOTE ]

Professionalpoker
First time I sat at two real money tables the new software's video froze. Couldn't see action on either table. Just heard the audio continue. When I exited the 2nd table the client unfroze and the first table came back to life. I exited and rebooted and couldnt recreate the freezeup on free money tables but I couldnt get the mini-view to work. Scarrrrry

[/ QUOTE ]

As noted in the General Options box, "some options may only take effect once all poker tables are closed". That's not an excuse, only to note that we have seen some interesting things happen if table sizes are changed in mid-play. Any such problems usually disappear after all tables are closed and re-opened tho.

Please PM us with any other detail you have, including your system config and we'll make sure this gets looked into further.

Alobar
07-03-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has to wait more than 12 hours we'll pay interest at the current Fed funds rate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

awwww yeah baby! its been more than 12 hours.....I'm compiling interest as we speak!

gabyyyyy
07-03-2004, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Deposit $0 and get up to $200 free" bonus for existing accounts … that's right - no deposit required!

[/ QUOTE ]

So how can I get the 200.00 without making a deposit?

This I gotta hear.

Wait a sec I think I know the answer. I have to have money in my account right??? Well how the heck would I have money in my account if I never deposited? So in essence your offer is complete horsesh$t, because I would indeed have to make a deposit to get any part of the $200.00.

Notice how the gaming club does not respond to me. They know their ad was deceptive, their silence in the matter proves my point further.

By the way, do us all a favor and atleast be upfront with your SPAM. Most of the posters here are intelligent can see right through the smoke and mirros.

P.S: Do not bother with your comments Alobar, Daryn, and Eugene, you have made it clear that you have a more "professional" relationship with the gaming club then any of us lowly posters.

Alobar
07-03-2004, 04:34 AM
lol, proffesional relationship? If that means I'm not a retard and can understand the simplicity of what TGC is talking about then so be it.

You wanna know how to get the $200 bonus even if you have no money in your TGC account.....PM him with all your info, your account will get credited with $200 bonus dollars. What part of this are you having a hard time with?

Oski
07-03-2004, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deposit $0 and get up to $200 free" bonus for existing accounts … that's right - no deposit required!

[/ QUOTE ]

So how can I get the 200.00 without making a deposit?

This I gotta hear.

Wait a sec I think I know the answer. I have to have money in my account right??? Well how the heck would I have money in my account if I never deposited? So in essence your offer is complete horsesh$t, because I would indeed have to make a deposit to get any part of the $200.00.

Notice how the gaming club does not respond to me. They know their ad was deceptive, their silence in the matter proves my point further.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already regret bothering with this: There is nothing deceptive about the offer - in plain English it promises that an existing account may get up to $200 free.

1. X has an existing account;
2. X has his bonus account credited with 200 bonus;
3. X uses his existing funds to work off the bonus. (The term of art "bonus" in the poker industry implies you must play a number of hands to effect release into your regular account. For you to disagree with this, is simply disengenous, or you have not played online poker.)

contrasted to:

RELOAD BONUSES that require a deposit. If you have an account, you must DEPOSIT additional funds to get the bonus. Remember, Syntax had a stupid thread about Absolute not allowing him to merely get the bonus on request to eliminate the formaility of cashing out then redepositing.

NOW, if you happen to have no funds in your account, YES YOU ARE CORRECT. The bonus will be added to your bonus account, yet you will have to deposit funds to work it off. However, anyone who is not a cheap, sniveling bitch, could clearly see this would be required by reading the plain English of the ad.

Gabyyyy, the depths of your ignorance cannot be plumbed using current technology - the hole to China will be completed first.

You are the shining example of what is ugly in our world - people always crying "me," "me," "me," and giving nothing back. When you don't get your way, you want to sue somebody ... then you bitch about why everything costs so much. Well, its because of social parasites like you who spread the cost of your "bullshit" to the rest of society.

Peace.

daveymck
07-03-2004, 06:00 AM
It pains me greatly but I in a way have to agree with Gabby.

When I read the initial link I assumed they were adding a bonus like Pacific ie when you deposit in essense the bonus is added to your account. When it said deposit nothing I assumed that is what they menat when in fact its a deposit nothing if you have a working banroll on the site otherwise you need to deposit.

Once you read through the conditions the reality becomes a bit clearer.

However whilst I think it could be read as misleading by some as a headline, the detail makes it clearer. A special one off offer like this is great and we should not complain about any slight misunderstanding.

Baulucky
07-03-2004, 07:43 AM
It is portrayed as a "bonus", but it's more like a rake rebate. Some of us may want to peruse it, some may not.

I agree that it is not as good as I thought after a quick read. And that now, I will have to put my $ to help test an unproven version of software.

I might do it, but I will wait a little. There are better rebates and bonus offers out there right now that I still have pending. I hope the lag issue has been solved or I'll be out of there as a bat out of hell.

I think it will cost me $ overall per hr against playing at Empire for no bonus. I got emailed a MAX100 for a 200 depo at Empire, 500 hands to clear, so that puts GC's offer in the backburner for at least a day.

Honestly I keep accumulating "pending" bonuses. I'm playing everyday for 5+ hours and the "bonus pending" account keeps growing. This may indicate fierce competition for regular players by the pokersites.

While I apreciate the GC's offer, it's almost non-competitive.

illunious
07-03-2004, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well how the heck would I have money in my account if I never deposited?

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave me $15 free when I signed up (like 5 months ago). Maybe they aren't doing this anymore, but I received the $200 bonus without ever making a deposit.

daveymck
07-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Gabbby has no money in their account as it was lost on the first OIC and as she lost it so quick hadnt done enough hands to qualify for the second one.

That is part of the reason for the anti Gaming Club stance.