PDA

View Full Version : TP, played well or weakly? and misplayed drawing hand

toby
07-02-2004, 07:48 AM
First hand I slowed down when he bet into me on the turn, should I have raised and simply called another bet on the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 raises, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls,

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 5h Ah (high card, ace).
Hero shows Ks Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 9 BB. </font>

Second hand, I really didn't like calling the raise on the turn, but I think UTG would bet the ace on the flop. Pot odds are not favoring paying for the flush. (Can anyone tell me what they are exactly, I don't know how they work when you already put one BB in, then are raised) Lastly should I call at the end with 2nd pair here.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Td (two pair, kings and sevens).
UTG shows 7s 6s (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: UTG wins 7.50 BB. </font>

AceHigh
07-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Hand 1: You played it OK. Against an unknown player I often play it like this. Especially on the river, because you lose to AQ/QJ/QT/Q9/Q8 which seem like his most logical hands.

Hand 2: Bet the flop. You can usually fold on the river, because the most likely holding for UTG is an Ace. A lot of players will often check on the flop in small pots with a top pair of Aces when checked to on the button.

toby
07-02-2004, 09:19 AM
I was going to check-call the flop on Hand 2, but in retrospect I like betting out because I might just pick up the pot there and not be faced with having to call a bet on the turn when the bet is bigger than the pot size.