PDA

View Full Version : KJo 20-40

mike l.
07-02-2004, 06:43 AM
live 5 handed good 20-40 game. cutoff limps, he plays a lot of hands but generally has something decent when he's putting money in postflop. button who is awful limps, sb who is loose aggro preflop but plays usually more straightforward postflop, raises. i call in the bb w/ KsJc.

the flop is KdJhTd. sb bets, i raise, cutoff calls two cold, button folds, sb 3 bets, i call, cutoff calls.

the turn is Tc. sb checks, i bet, cutoff calls, sb checkraises, i fold.

comments?

DcifrThs
07-02-2004, 06:47 AM
so you put him on AA or a ten?...no possibility of AK or KQ?

i think i'd be showing down here a good # of times.
-Barron

nummerfire
07-02-2004, 08:08 AM
I am counting around 12 BB in the pot.

Dont you think, that a full house will win for you ?

Or do you feel obligated to call the river if you call now, so that your effective odds are to low ?

Kim

highlife
07-02-2004, 10:01 AM
good laydown. if CO is on a draw (very likely) he is not going to pay off if your boat hits. there are alot of hands SB could have that beat you, very few that dont and would still bet out or call a bet on the river. sure he could be on QQ, AK or AJ but then if your K or J hits you are going to be 3 bet still.

hopefully my ramblings make some sort of coherent sense.

andyfox
07-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the flop 3-bet followed by the turn check-raise has monster written all over it.

On another note: do you have a hard time staying focused playing 20-40 after playing 200-400? I know I would not be at my best.

Ulysses
07-02-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

You put him on TT?

potato
07-02-2004, 02:17 PM

potato
07-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I do realize that mike is drawing live vs. AQ. But if I call the turn, I'm going to hate folding the river unimproved with top two, "just in case he has AK".

Michael Davis
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
"just in case he has AK"

For the life of me I can't see why this isn't likely enough NOT to call down the turn and river.

-Michael

nykenny
07-02-2004, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On another note: do you have a hard time staying focused playing 20-40 after playing 200-400? I know I would not be at my best.

[/ QUOTE ]

after playing 40-80, i could not bring myself to play 4-8, is this similar? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

actually, i almost never played 4-8 anyway, hehe.

i do have the same question for mike tho /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nykenny
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do realize that mike is drawing live vs. AQ. But if I call the turn, I'm going to hate folding the river unimproved with top two, "just in case he has AK".

[/ QUOTE ]

AK is HIGHLY unlikely. AK would be concerned about JT, QT, AT being out there...

potato
07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Putting him on AK is wishful thinking. The guy has done nothing but scream "I have a huge hand", and this is really a good opportunity to listen.

This is a nightmare board for AK. This guy would have to be a total berserker or a total genius to checkraise with AK here.

mike l.
07-02-2004, 09:32 PM
cutoff called the turn after i folded. river was a blank. it went check-check and sb flipped up KQo and cutoff tapped the table and mucked.

mike l.
07-02-2004, 09:37 PM
no it doesnt really make a difference to me. i like to play higher limits because i like to win really large amounts of money in a session. i have really ambitious real estate investment plans so i love the big score.

but i also like grinding it out in 8-16 and 20-40 down here. sometimes im way too loose in these games and i feel like a fool when i turn what should be a good winning session into a break even or losing session. but we already know discipline is not my strong suit.. anyway, to answer your question, no im not finding it to be a problem playing many different limits. if anything, playing higher is just feeding my confidence.

cero_z
07-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Hi andy,
[ QUOTE ]
do you have a hard time staying focused playing 20-40 after playing 200-400? I know I would not be at my best.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was exactly my thought when I read the subject line.

mikelow
07-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Maybe we need a new froum called "Spanning the Limits."

Anyway, your fold is absolutely correct. Your hand is counterfeited and you have at most four outs.

nepenthe
07-03-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm routinely doing what the SB did and checkraising with KA on the turn against 1 or 2 opponents. Perhaps not with KQo though.

Softrock
07-03-2004, 02:59 PM
I just wish it had been you when I ventured to Oceans 11 last week. Some nit called my UTG raise with AQs with KJo and killed me with a flop of AQT (I'm sure you would not have called 2 preflop even not knowing who I was). I thought I might have briefly been in the game with you before you got must-moved and I was going to try to say hello but you quickly left. Are you a pleasant fellow with the ever present grin who happens to be "hair challenged"? This was last Thursday I think. Nicky was there for the first time in a long time and was showing pictures of her new baby.

mike l.
07-03-2004, 07:22 PM
if hair challenged means bald then no that defniitely aint me. and no it wasnt because first time i saw nicky in a long time was today.

elysium
07-03-2004, 08:09 PM
hi mike
looks like a must call. the SB will have top pair good kicker in this spot, enough times to at least call. he could have quads, boats, and/ or trips. you definately do not lose against any other hand that doesn't complete. you are trailing, not losing. another way to handle it, and what i think you actually did, would be to reraise. yeah, what am i thinking. you didn't fold. you reraised.

the only fold out of you in this one would have been pre-flop. that i'll buy.

yeah, that's what happened. had you been in this one, you reraise the turn. and you,....you think the button will bet and screw everything up, and so you betout on the river.

you will never fold on the turn, in this spot.

mike l.
07-03-2004, 08:14 PM
"you will never fold on the turn, in this spot."

yet that's exactly what i did.

i wanted to see if anyone would take the bait with some fake results but no one really did. the real resutls are:

i folded and cutoff called the turn. river was an A. sb bet and cutoff called. sb said "straight" but didnt turn his hand over. cutoff turned over JTo for turned full house.

potato
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
When I read the original results, I thought "well, of course it was that way, that's why he posted it. It's such an obvious fold."

I was far too pleased to read this.

elysium
07-03-2004, 09:37 PM
hi mike
well, you say you folded. i didn't read the results before posting the thread. i never do. i would like to think though, that you would at least call. if you throw in a possible improvment of your hand, between being in the lead, against a draw, or improving, you are getting correct pot odds. he must have been a tight opponent.

diplomat just posted a bogus.

since you say you did in fact fold emphatically like that, i guess i'll have to believe it.

andyfox
07-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Sb three-bet the flop and then check-raised the turn. His hand is a big one. This is not 200-400. I believe mike folded without a doubt, despite him admitting to making up the results.

When I make up the results, I never admit it. Never.

Softrock
07-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Some other guy named Mike - glad then I didn't ask if he was the infamous mikei.

mike l.
07-04-2004, 01:17 AM
it's an L not an I