PDA

View Full Version : Poker is "cool" now

TheArtist
07-02-2004, 04:47 AM
I went to this department store called "Bootlegger", it's very popular clothing store for young people who want cool and in style clothing. As I walk to the front of the store, I see a display of poker T-shirts. One was a World poker Tour black T-shirt, and another said something like NL holdem poker player.

This alone proof how popular poker is getting. It's an in thing now lol

TheArtist

47outs
07-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Party poker should get a line of clothing and distribute it through the Gap, Club Monaco, Old Navy. God, how that would help my/our bottom line.

Did you pick up one of those shirts? Post a pic of the shirt maybe?

OUts

Joshua
07-02-2004, 07:15 AM
They should have a "I bought into a WPT-event and all I won was this ******* T-shirt" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

baggins
07-02-2004, 12:21 PM
that's a great idea for the Tshirt!

and the best part would be that they didn't even win the shirt.

poker is becoming so popular.

a high school kid who works at the place I work has filled out a time-off request form and posted it on the employee bulletin board. I glanced at it and in the 'reason for request' field he's written: 'all day for important poker tournament'.

also, in stores like Jewel and Dominick's and Aldi and Gamer's Paradise they now have 'Texas Holdem Sets'. which is really funny to think about because it's just cheap chips and a deck of normal playing cards. but they're being marketed as a set of Texas Holdem cards. not even a 'Poker Set' or anything. but Texas Holdem set.

all of which are American Dreams...

Inthacup
07-02-2004, 03:54 PM
I like that idea.

scotnt73
07-02-2004, 04:36 PM
i see cheap poker stuff being sold by the front counter of book stores as well.

trillig
07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Now that Ben won a tournament....

Thanks to Mr. Affleck! 8)

-Bri