PDA

View Full Version : pot odds/draws for a specific hand

jfresh
07-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. Button posts a blind of $10.
Hero raises, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9h Ac (two pair, aces and nines).
Button shows 3s Qs (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 9 BB. </font>

my question is, who would have played this hand like my opponent did?

If I were my opponent, first off i'm not sure if I would've called the preflop raise. Once the flop came, I may be 50/50 to stay in further... after the turn I'd call down to see the river. Now, if I had folded preflop/flop, would that be too tight for heads up play?

What if this was 6handed instead, with A9 SB, Q3 BB and folded to us?

Strictly mathematically speaking, if Q3 knew what I had, he would have a 30% chance postflop to beat me. so that means he was a ~2.3:1 dog, which means he would need $50 in the pot to call my flop bet (there was $60). does that mean his play is correct? Is my math correct here?

TazQ
07-02-2004, 04:49 AM
You're HU, things change a lot.

I'm not sure what you mean, he was getting 5-1 on the flop call.

3 Q's, 3 T's, and 2 outs for the backdoor flush make it a pretty easy call.

HU is all about the player, I'd sometimes toss a raise in on the turn or whatever.

What was so bad about the hand?

I'd fold Q3s to a SB raise 6 handed, but again, if you've been playing HU for a while you have to call quite a bit just so your opponent doesn't make an automatic profit.

stripsqueez
07-02-2004, 04:51 AM
i was playing at your tables earlier today - either i've offended you or you turned your chat off...

i think your opponent played it ok - looked at from a default point of view i like calling with Q3s - close - but nate assures me i'm good enough post flop that this is auto

fold is a good option on the flop but call isnt awful - my maths is far from precise either - applying what i do at the table i have about 6 outs on the flop (4 for the gutser straight and best part of 2 for the backdoor flush) + sometimes if i call the flop i might get the turn for free - the pot offers 5/1 - marginal at best - if my pot odds multiplied by my outs is 35 or greater i usually call a flop bet - i think i fold on the flop a bit

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

jfresh
07-02-2004, 05:12 AM
well, really, I don't think there is anything wrong with the hand, I just wanted to see if anyone would have played it like my opponent did. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect tightness/looseness to play...

right now I think I definitely play too scared and tight heads up, so I was seeing if I should be playing hands like my opponent's here.

Peter_rus
07-02-2004, 05:40 AM
I would very probable - check-raise flop and lead the turn with Q3s.

stripsqueez
07-02-2004, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would very probable - check-raise flop and lead the turn with Q3s.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does this not surprise me ?

the new nate

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Guido
07-02-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check-raise flop and lead the turn with Q3s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please teach me how you do that... at the button /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Guido