PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4.. know these guys??

ALL1N
07-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I see these guys table-hopping around 2/4 at Party all the time. Are any of them 2+2?

MAYNARD46N2
Egg_Man
Bongoman
SummerGin
JaquesTati
Orchard97280
MessOholic
sammy_g
SamusPrime
BigAppa
ViewtifulMe
GaryBusey
TCO99Poker
QuadStriker
Belkin

House-Lion
07-02-2004, 07:36 AM
I know at least one of them are, I was expecting one of my names on that list! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Orchard97280 and MAYNARD46N2 practically lives there I think...

Arnie
07-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Samus Prime frequently plays at .5/1 tables too

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-02-2004, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see these guys table-hopping around 2/4 at Party all the time. Are any of them 2+2?

MAYNARD46N2
Egg_Man
JaquesTati
Orchard97280
MessOholic
sammy_g
SamusPrime
BigAppa
ViewtifulMe
GaryBusey
TCO99Poker
QuadStriker
Belkin

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about 2+2, but I recognize all the above names from Empire/Party, and several took the $300 bonus for most EP points earned in June. Without saying anything about ony one player specifically, I've got PT data on these and alomst all have nice healthy green numbers and low V$IP. A few are in the red, but these red guys' V$IP is around 10%, so they're hurting themselves by not playing enough or I just don't have enough of a sample size yet. Almost all see about 20% of flops. AF varies, so some are solid players, with a few rocks thrown in for good measure. I'd respect a pre-flop raise from any of them. BTW, for fairness' sake, my V$IP is 17% and I have nice healthy green numbers too /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Good Post!

I play against these folks all the time as well and would be curious to know if they are regulars here.

Is someone above me saying maynard and orchard are the same person?

steve

Haupt_234
07-02-2004, 10:07 AM
I've played a bunch of them when I used to play 2/4 regularly. Have them all marked as tight/solid.

Haupt_234

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-02-2004, 10:28 AM
...and your notes on me?

Haupt_234
07-02-2004, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and your notes on me?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have to tell me which one you are, i've only played about 30% of them.

And I don't play under this name either.

Haupt_234

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I know i've played several hundred hands with:

MAYNARD46N2
Orchard97280
MessOholic
sammy_g
SamusPrime
BigAppa
ViewtifulMe
Belkin

are you one of them?

ALL1N
07-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Nah I'm not on that list. I was DickyJ, but I just changed my nick /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I was hoping to find out who maynard is especially, because I have logged 3 times more hands with him than any other player.

ALL1N
07-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah these guys are all winning players, but I think most of them are very straight-forward and unimaginative.

bdk3clash
07-02-2004, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah these guys are all winning players, but I think most of them are very straight-forward and unimaginative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been seeing this as a "knock" on good limit players a lot. When your opponents' single biggest mistake is that they call way too much, I can't think of a better way to play.

Maybe they all paint in their spare time to let the creative juices fly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 10:53 AM
if someone described my game as:
"Yeah these guys are all winning players, but I think most of them are very straight-forward and unimaginative."

i would take that as a compliment...does that just spotlight how bad my game really is? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm not one of them. On Empire I'm BigBeitzim.

Sarge85
07-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Hmmm -

I'm not sure this post is in good taste.....

If I was one of the players above, I don't think I'd want my playing style discussed on a fourm. Good Bad or Indifferent...

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 12:23 PM
i think for the most part, Sarge,

this post has been "these guys are around A LOT"
wonder if any of them are 2+2'ers..

i wouldn't necessarily expect anyone to confess...when you see the same people so much i think it's human nature to be curious

as far as someone stating that people who play at party hundreds of hours a month are pretty selective pre flop...that's kind of a given right? anyone who plays that much and is loose preflop probably isnt' going to have the bankroll to play that many hours

just my 2 cents (which are probably not even worth 1 cent)

PokerNoob
07-02-2004, 01:19 PM
I play a lot of 2/4 and these guys are familiar. I don't have my pokertracker with me, but I recognize about half of these as what I would call "multitabling ABC players" trying to grind out their edge against the bad players. I wonder if these massive multitablers bother with reads or notes. They often seem cally and succeptible to basic trickery.

J.R.
07-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Perhaps you should bother with your reads and notes as I don't think your blanket generalization is accurate. I am not one of the players listed above but these players, for the most part, all beat the 2-4 game so they are doing quite a few things right (which includes not being cally nor falling for basic trickery). Its not that hard to play 4 tables and be aware of who is playing starigthforward and who gets a little out of line, especially with the aid of pokertracker. I play 4 tables, take notes and resent the implication that multitablers in general are ABC and susceptible to basic trickery. Most multitablers are pretty good players.

PokerNoob
07-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Ok, I vnc'd into my pokertracker data and only one of them with over 100 hands is a winner. Two or three of them I would actively look for. I'm not saying its impossible to be a good multitabler. I'm sure you probably are. I'm just saying these guys (save one) ain't it (as far as I can tell from my limited data).

TxSteve
07-02-2004, 03:11 PM
i'm sure many of the people on this list are playing 1000+ hands per day.

i don't think you're 100 hand experience with them tells us anything

ALL1N
07-03-2004, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I vnc'd into my pokertracker data and only one of them with over 100 hands is a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all winning players.

ThePopinjay
07-03-2004, 02:20 AM
one more to add to the list: nwGrrl. I've seen her around a lot lately, she's pretty good, kind of tricky.

ALL1N
07-03-2004, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was one of the players above, I don't think I'd want my playing style discussed on a fourm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a problem with sharing what is already open information.

PokerNoob
07-03-2004, 10:22 AM
OK, disregarding these specific people listed....

I'm curious as to how you would make this judgement? How many PT hands do you think are necessary to have on a player? If you saw a player with "reasonable" VPIP and PFRaise, would you conclude they are winning players no matter what the observed win rate was?

ALL1N
07-03-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you saw a player with "reasonable" VPIP and PFRaise, would you conclude they are winning players no matter what the observed win rate was?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're not stupid postflop then yeah, thats probably all they need to do to beat 2/4.

PokerNoob
07-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Well, that's a fair enough analysis. You also have to look at the fact that they've been around a long time, so either they just like donating or they do beat the game in the long term. But, I also think you can be decent preflop, play ABC, have leaks, and still make money in 2/4. I wouldn't fear these players.

BaronVonCP
07-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Isn't that you?

ALL1N
07-04-2004, 12:57 AM
I don't fear them. I do avoid them, however, as even if they're beatable its not nearly for as much as the typical 2/4 player.

Bob T.
07-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Hmmm -

I'm not sure this post is in good taste.....

If I was one of the players above, I don't think I'd want my playing style discussed on a fourm. Good Bad or Indifferent...

I agree.

ALL1N
07-04-2004, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fear them. I do avoid them, however, as even if they're beatable its not nearly for as much as the typical 2/4 player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where by avoid, I mean sit at different tables. You don't get a chance to bust many moves at 2/4, so I actually enjoy playing pots with them.