PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Hand

01-15-2002, 02:44 PM
In the BB with 10-10 all fold to the cutoff, a tight aggressive player, who raises. The button folds, the SB folds. I call. The flop comes J-6-6. I check, TA bets, I raise, TA calls. Turn is a Blank 2. I bet TA calls. River is 9. I bet, and TA raises. I call and they show me K-K.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

01-15-2002, 02:54 PM
Given his tight agressive style he could easily be on a steal so I would have raised before the flop and bet out on the flop if he just called my pre flop raise. If he reraised before the flop I would call and see the flop.

01-15-2002, 03:26 PM
I think the river bet is debateable. Would this player call you down with an ace or a smaller pocket pair? If the answer is yes then sure, go ahead and bet the river. If not then maybe check call is better.

01-15-2002, 04:20 PM
it was worth a call on the river. not sure about a bet though. hes gotta be calling with something on a board like this. i woulda check called the river, but a bet might be fine also, but as you saw, it opens up a reraise possiblity. here's a question...would a 3 bet on the river caused him to fold. probably not.

this hand couldve been played for the checkraise on the turn. that wouldve been typical trip or fullhouse play, he may have laid it down.

one bit of info on this. you just saw how he played against the way you were betting, this is a good case for if you had JJ to play the same way. or even a 6. he probably put ya on high pair 'J'. they wont put ya on a great hand right off. who plays power on the flop like that? haha .......somethin to think about...

b

01-16-2002, 05:58 AM
I like everything but the river play. There aren't many worse hands he'll call with on the river. However, I think that he'll bet a pretty wide range on hands if you check the river (even ace high that he would fold to a bet) since it look like you made a check raise move on the flop and were just following through on the turn but giving up on the river. Of couse if he bets the river you call.

Rob

01-16-2002, 08:58 AM
When TA call your check-raise on the flop, you

know he has something. I check the turn, and then the tough decision is either to call it down or fold if he bets out. There are just too many ways that you are best to continue betting out.