PDA

View Full Version : Sahara $40 NLHE tournies Mon/Wed/Sun

LondonBroil
07-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Flying out to Vegas early November for my younger sisters wedding and decided to stay a week (we're looking at a package deal for airfare and 7 nights stay at the Sahara for around $500-600. Would someone recommend something closer, but in the same price range, to the center of the strip?).

Was just wondering if anyone plays in these tournaments and how many entries they usually have. They also mention ring games starting at 2-4. Are the players there any good?

Edited because I just saw the other thread about Sahara a little further down the page. Would anyone still have any better recommendations for flight/stay packages?

eastbay
07-02-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flying out to Vegas early November for my younger sisters wedding and decided to stay a week (we're looking at a package deal for airfare and 7 nights stay at the Sahara for around $500-600. Would someone recommend something closer, but in the same price range, to the center of the strip?).

Was just wondering if anyone plays in these tournaments and how many entries they usually have. They also mention ring games starting at 2-4. Are the players there any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the tourneys, but the first and only time I played in Vegas, I inhabited the 2-4 game there.

I had only played online, and I never play limit. And I never walked away from that table down (of course, it was 2/4, so I didn't make a killing, either). The play was pretty bad.

eastbay

highlife
07-02-2004, 09:21 AM
I havent been to vegas but im planning (www.expedia.com seems to have the best deals) a trip for August though. In my research seems like the Flamingo is a great deal. Its prime location center of the strip, can walk to Mirage and Bellagio. Also its got a top notch pool and above average food. It is more expensive than Sahara but still in the mid level price range. You get what you pay for. The Flamingo does also have a very small (6 table according to site) poker room which only spreads the low limits, but hey if you are that close to Mirage and Bellagio no big deal.

Seemed also like the Tropicana and Gold Coast have very good value as well, although not as good location as the Flamingo.

soxfan70
07-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Was in LV for 6 nights in April. Flew out from Hartford, CT, stayed at the Luxor for $480 pp. including airfare. www.swavacations.com. (http://www.swavacations.com.) The Luxor was nice, although the poker "room" was small. Made the trek down to the Sahara for one of the tournies and was very disappointed. Old, dirty, dingy room. Played 12 handed, with alternates (which I hate) at a 10 seat table for 4 hours. There are much better rooms and better tournies on the strip where you dont have to subject yourself to that sort of thing. Maybe I cought it on a bad night, but I wouldn't go back. Just my opinion.