PDA

View Full Version : Would a River Bet win this hand?

Sarge85
07-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (7.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Qd Ks (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Jd Td (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP1 wins 7.75 BB. </font>

----
Comments -

I've been reading Ciaffone's "Improve Your Poker" and parts of the book he talks about "Follow Through." Basically when you have been betting strong the whole way, you must follow through on the river.

I'm wondering - who bets the river here to "follow through" with this hand?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Potowame
07-01-2004, 11:54 PM
It appears he was going to the river with second pair second kicker. Although, the bet on the river is going to win more than the check on the river with J high, of course.
I think I would have to look it up, but Sklansky says to bet here on a bluff, and check call with marginal hand for value. Basically you had no way to win unless you bet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SGS
07-02-2004, 12:27 AM
n/m