PDA

View Full Version : Marginal at Best...

Sarge85
07-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (9 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kd 3d (two pair, kings and threes).
Hero shows Ts Js (one pair, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB. </font>

----------------
Comments:

PF - Limp in this game is more than ok.

Flop - Any reason NOT to raise here. Seems far superior to calling

Turn and River - Your play?

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Joe826
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
A read would be helpful since stop n' go always confuses me, but I think a call down is in order here since it's possible BB was trying to prevent you from taking a free card or was just doing it for some other nonsensical reason.

Potowame
07-02-2004, 12:32 AM
preflop- Depends on the table, most 2/4 it seems, you can 3 bet it and theres still 5 players seeing the flop. (on PP)

Flop- You took the lead in the hand, with position. Thats never the wrong move. If he caps it there I would think about calling down. Bad call by BB, but its 2/4 what are you going to do.

Turn- I think I raise, or fold -Mainly because if sb is Drawing to a flush, get him out, and possible fold by BB.
With the call you let him know that king hurt your hand. If he caps it at that point, fold. But if he called a raise with bottom pair on the flop, I don't see him folding with top and bottom pair. but you don't kmow if that K helped or not.

river- if he bets out on the river i would feel I was beat, unless he was a idiot. Not many players are going to bet 910 or worse at the river. unless he missed his flush and was bluffing. so payoff or not depends on his previous play.