PDA

View Full Version : TT - River value bet or check behind?

ZootMurph
07-01-2004, 10:59 PM
UTG in this hand is a TAGMT. I see him a lot and he is usually very aggressive. He IS capable of check/raising, but I haven't seen him do it on the river.

Because he is check/calling through here, I put him on a club draw and bet the river. Based on my read, right or wrong?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZootMurph is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">ZootMurph raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">ZootMurph bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

tech
07-01-2004, 11:16 PM
If that river card helped him, you were beat anyway. Super easy bet.

Haupt_234
07-02-2004, 01:07 AM
I would make this bet 100% of the time, even if I was unconcious.

I wonder if that's possible...

Haupt_234

ZootMurph
07-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Result is he has QJ/images/graemlins/club.gif. Because we've played against each other enough, he put me on a bigger pair and called with Jacks in case I had AK.

I've been having trouble with this type of situation, and I never know if it's best to check behind or bet. I've been betting and it has been paying off, either by others folding or showing 2nd best hand. But ocassionally I hit a hand like this and start doubting the river value bet, LOL.

Thanks for the replies.

Saborion
07-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Why wouldn't you value bet the river? What have he done to make you feel he might have a better hand than yours?

Saborion
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been betting and it has been paying off, either by others folding

[/ QUOTE ]
If they are folding anything but a better hand than yours, then it's not paying off.

But regarding river bets like this. They are easy. The opponent haven't done anything that should make you think he have a better hand that yours. I personally think he played it weak.