PDA

View Full Version : Its Christmas at UB!

d2k
07-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Many of you guys are aware of the promo UB is running for SnG tournies. There are about 5x the amount of SnGs being run here now, as expected, and the player quality has dramatically decreased. I've played 10 SnGs today and have posted 80%ITM, winning 5. Two friends of mine have posted similar numbers. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a limit player and my NL game is lacking in some respects, but its hard to lose when people are calling huge amounts with 2-6 outters. Come get some of this!

Dave

spacemonkey57
07-01-2004, 05:53 PM
The first one I played was an idiot fest. The blinds were 30-60 when we got down to three players. One was sitting out and my opponent did not realize it (he actually folded in the SB the few times when I didn't even have enough to try a steal). He had me outchipped about six to one, but after I took the sitting out player's stack I came back and beat him. On the final hand I bluffed all in with a King high and he called me with a queen high after the flop. The second he called I started cursing myself for being so stupid.

The other two have been rock gardens though.

Tosh
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I have an ITM today of 16%. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Profit
07-01-2004, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many of you guys are aware of the promo UB is running for SnG tournies

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, how about you fill me in. Also i'm getting an error just trying to get UB to run....

ddubois
07-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Before I make a UB account, is there anything I need to be aware of, with regards to affiliates or the like?

I never got an affiliate when making my Party account, and have regretted it to the tune of several hundred dollars.

spacemonkey57
07-01-2004, 06:59 PM
I think you get extra bonus dollars if you do refer a friend. Not sure about affiliates though. Check it out on the website and if you need one I'm Chi57. /images/graemlins/grin.gif You can't clear bonus dollars with tournies though, it has to be ring.

Filip
07-01-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Before I make a UB account, is there anything I need to be aware of, with regards to affiliates or the like?

I never got an affiliate when making my Party account, and have regretted it to the tune of several hundred dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have something called refer a friend thing... not sure how it works but i think both parts get some bonusbucks.

Beavis68
07-01-2004, 07:07 PM
I dont know anything about affilates of UB, but if you want extra bonus for a referal, send me an email at jack.ass@att.net before you open an account.

The sit-n-go promotion is this - you get 50% of your buying credited as bonus bucks. so if you play a 20+2 sit n go you will get 10 dollars in bonus bucks.

Bonus bucks are converted to real move by playing raked ring games. The best part is, you dont have to play x number of hands then get the bonus all at once, you get the bonus bit by bit every time ring game you play. 10 points gets 1 dollar converted to real money.

UB points are cool too, you can use them to enter cash multi table tournaments, there are even points games and sitngo to earn point more quickly.

I got conned into playing a 1 dollar sit n go at lunch today (why o why). Man, it was horrible, it was only a six seater, but it was slow as hell. we were only getting about 8-9 hands per level. I actually got knocked out 5th! I guy called all-in on the flop with K-10, and hit a runner runner straight ugh!

For you party poker players, UB sit-n-go can easily run 1 1/2 hours.