PDA

View Full Version : Monotone flop? Fold the turn with middle pair???

Catch of the Day
07-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Catch is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Catch 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Catch bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Catch calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Catch checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Catch folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (9.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
UTG shows Ts Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: UTG wins 9.50 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
07-01-2004, 08:34 PM
i think your hand is too good to fold

you commited a lot to this pot when you 3 bet pre-flop - UTG raising the flop means little in the context that he has a hand good enough to open raise, its a big pot already, he probably has a diamond, and has good position - UTG betting the turn is predictable regardless of what he had to 3 bet the flop

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

DaveB
07-01-2004, 11:35 PM
I agree.. I'm not thinking about folding this unless another diamond comes, just call down. It's such a drawy board that they could have lots of things you beat.

Zele
07-02-2004, 08:55 AM
I don't like the raise pre-flop. If UTG was LAG, I'd raise to isolate him from the left, but you are in SB. Fold and wait for position.

That said, you really can't fold unless another /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes, or you face more than one bet.

RiverMise
07-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I agree w/ Zele here... I think you screwed yourself with your pf play.

Ezcheeze
07-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Do you realize it's 4 handed? No way I wouldn't 3 bet AJ in SB 4 handed unless i had a specific read that UTG was playing unusually tight.

-Ezcheeze

samdash
07-02-2004, 07:07 PM
If I'm playing, I 3 bet preflop, but I think against most players you're better off tossing this PF (in this spot). I'll usually 3 bet AJ on the button but I feel a lot more comfortable with position and likely clearing out 1.5 small bets in dead money. Playing those flops containing a jack but also a K or Q is very annoying out of position. Sometimes you'll be dominated or against a pair and likely have to make one yourself to win.

PassiveCaller
07-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Against the average Partypoker 5-10 opponent folding pre-flop here would be a error especially 5 handed. AJ is better then a lot of UTG raising hands for these types of opponents. On the flop things get slightly trickier since it's a 3 diamond flop. The reraise and the cold call don't mean quite as much here as it could simply be a high naked diamond calling. I bet the turn again here and see how the action precedes as it's just too likely they want another diamond to fall. That being said calling 2 on the turn would be questionable but not 1 I can't see folding here on the turn given the action and I think you have to call down unless a 4th diamond comes.

Ezcheeze
07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Think about what you would openraise with UTG in a 4 handed game. Now tell me, would you want someone with AJ to 3 bet you from the SB?

I, for one, would pray they mucked.

-Ezcheeze

PassiveCaller
07-02-2004, 08:36 PM
whoops I said 5 handed.. 4 handed party makes this even worse. Mucking is not an option unless this is a super solid player.