PDA

View Full Version : Inducing a bluff?

nothumb
07-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

There won't be a raise from the blinds. I'm the only one who's raised pre-flop in three orbits. UTG is limping with all sorts of junk. Should I have raised or folded here? I feel either one would be a bit better than calling, but I'm not sure.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Standard, right?

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

SB has done some checkraising and has noticed my aggressiveness, I think. He took some extra time to check and I thought he might pop it. BB wouldn't still be here without some piece of it either. Good check or terrible, terrible free card?

River: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ad 8s (one pair, threes).
Hero shows 6s 6d (two pair, sixes and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB. </font>

Thanks for any comments.

NT

cold_cash
07-01-2004, 05:58 PM
If UTG has been limping w/ crap I think you can raise it up here, especially if you think the blinds might fold. I'm not really sure how bad limping is though.

The flop raise is good, but how come you didn't bet the turn? This looks like a pretty good board for you. Unless UTG is a tricky dick who would c/r you on a bluff, I think you should bet. (If he's not tricky, and would only c/r if he's got you beat I think you should bet too.)

I think since you checked the turn you've pretty much committed yourself to calling the river bet, right?

I think a case could be made for betting both the turn and the river, but that's coming from a guy who's seen the results. I think I would have at least bet the turn though.

B Dids
07-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I like the idea- but I'd want to do it with a more solid hand, but if you trust your read, nice play.

RED_RAIN
07-01-2004, 09:27 PM
If you want to play pocket 6s with at max 4 to the flop, then you should preflop raise.

On the flop your raise is good.
I'd bet this turn, most of the time I think you are ahead. The flop bet is probably top pair, flush draw, straight draw, or just overcards which all you beat. If he check/raise call down and watch how you win enough of the time.
On the river I'd call down, you got bet into probably because you checked the turn.