PDA

View Full Version : 99, low flop with lots of action

Xiphoid
07-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

I would raise with TT, but I think 99 and 88 are on the line.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

The flop action turns out to be a nightmare. I get 3-bet and have others calling these bets.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Do I throw it away here?

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (14 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s 9d (one pair, nines).
UTG+1 shows 6s 2s (two pair, sixes and twos).
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 14 BB. </font>

RED_RAIN
07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Bet out on this flop, if raised, 3 bet to represent a strong hand.

But since you played different.
On the flop you are afraid of a made straight or flush draw, on the turn the flush hits, he 3 bet you preflop and bet on the turn, you are going to be beat here a lot.
Your calls aren't horrible, but I don't like the check/raise on the flop since you tie people more to the flop and turn with a flush draw.