PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Hand...Trust your read?

01-13-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm playing 10-20 hold 'em online. I have QQ in the cutoff. Just got to table a bit ago so reads are hazy, but UTG seems aggressive. He raises. MP coldcalls. I 3-bet. All fold to UTG who caps. MP calls, I call. 3 see the flop for 4 bets each ($135 pot). Flop comes 8-3-5 rainbow. UTG bets, MP calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, MP folds. I call. Turn is a 2. He bets. Do I call here? A reasonable player would have to have AA or KK to play like this right and I think I leak bets in these spots. I call. River is a beautiful Queen and we go to $80. He had 88 and was not happy. Should I have folded? I just couldnt do it, but maybe I have to read players better than I currently do.

Jeff

01-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Your read was correct. he was aggressive. 88 cap no position. wouldn't he have played 99 1010 jj qq kk aa the same way. You can't know if he would have slowed down with these hands because he capped preflop not you. so you could have ak as far as he was concerned. aggressive players don't think that one raise on the flop by someone else means they are beat. You may consider rethinking your post flop play if you raise once and then fold the turn to a bet with an over pair. Good luck

01-13-2002, 07:37 PM
I now have this player pegged as aggressive, but would you ever fold this hand in this spot? I wouldn't and didn't and want to know if that is correct or if it is player dependant. My thought is that I'm raising the flop for information and when he reraises, and I'm just gonna call down, what was the point of raising in the first place. I think calling down is right, but want to keep looking into the reasoning.

Jeff

01-13-2002, 10:59 PM
In this case you had a player in between you needed to get rid of so raise. At another time you might want to get control of the player so raise. Against a wild aggressive you may want to call down. You shouldn't play just one way all the time especially against the same player. the games I play in in California are so wild that calling down is necessary at times. The next level you want to think about is what does the player think you have? When you know what he thinks you have and what you will do with it. You can decide to call him down or fold.

01-14-2002, 04:28 PM
overpair like this id slow down also with that much action on turn.

i think ya played it right on.

b