PDA

View Full Version : TP no kicker

sfer
07-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Live 3/6. UTG limps (generally very bad--the guy sthief09 characterized as, "Me have hand, me bet"), calling station limps, I limp on the button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB folds, BB checks.

4 to the flop for 4 SBs. Flop is A25r, 1 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB checks, UTG bets, calling station stays in character, I raise, BB folds, UTG folds, calling station repeats.

2 to the turn for 4.5 BBs. Turn is a rag-/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Calling station checks, I check.

River is a blank. Calling station checks, I bet, calling station calls.

Comments?

Muckahaihan
07-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I might have bet the turn. Was this "calling station" *absolutely* incapable of raising a hand with TPGoodK?

What did you put him on?

Clarkmeister
07-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I'd bet the turn. I am an advocate of the headsup checking play in the right spots, but you simply must allow passive calling stations to call. It's like, what they do best.

Luke
07-01-2004, 03:38 PM
I bet the turn there and expect to be called by a super wide range of hands including any pocket pair, any 2, 3, 4, or 5. If I happen to be behind to something like AT, then oh well and hopefully I catch a /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I really can't see any good reasons not to bet the turn here. Afterall, all he did was call so far.

Luke

sfer
07-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Yup. Opinions confirm what I thought, and what sthief09 and JBB pretty much said immediately at the table. For some reason I didn't want to get checkraised on the turn. I conveniently forgot during play that the calling station (a she, BTW) had no ability to checkraise. Bet the turn, bet the river is right here.

I showed, calling station mucked.

arkady
07-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Clark might object, but with TP and the nut flush + gut draw, I am betting the turn - because for all you know he might call you with absolutely anything.

Nevermind, Clark suggested to bet - ohh weee, I better start to learn when to bet these draws and when to lay off.