PDA

View Full Version : Help, please... Got killed here

burntazure
07-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Please critique my play here. Maybe I just couldn't lay down, but I already had a lot in the pot.... Thanks.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.50. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, Hero raises, UTG+2 (poster) calls, MP1 (poster) calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero caps, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, SB raises $1.5 (All-In), Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls.

River: (20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Long story short he had Ad.... Should I have just bailed on flop. These monotone flops are hard to play sometimes.

bisonbison
07-01-2004, 02:35 PM
You'll get better responses if you don't include the results in the thread title.

Folding anywhere in this hand would be a mistake.

B Dids
07-01-2004, 02:36 PM
The "highlight bets and raises" checkbox on the tool is your friend and mine...

Your play is fine. You don't bail on the flop, because unless his ace was suited, he didn't have his flush until the river. At that point the odds are in your favor that he doesn't make it. FNTF.

burntazure
07-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Okay, thanks for the advice. I thought it would be a mistake too, but wanted to check. Damn ace of diamond....

burntazure
07-01-2004, 02:47 PM
thanks. it just sucks though... oh well.

B Dids
07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Just remember- more often than not- that diamond doesn't fall and you've dragged a nice pot. His making the calls that he did is +EV for you.

Greg J
07-01-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks. it just sucks though... oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the game my man. You played this hand well IMO. Continue to be aggressive, but not crazy. Usually you win here. Sometimes you dont. Don't let it get to you. TAG play wins money.