PDA

View Full Version : Overcards on rainbow rags

Malarky
07-01-2004, 02:12 PM
I laid this one down, but afterwards I questioned whether I should have or not. At what point do you lay down your overcards if the only thing out there is small stuff?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between MP2, CO and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (9.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows 7d 9h (two pair, sevens and fours).
CO shows Kh 3d (straight, seven high).
SB shows 5s 6h (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: CO wins 9.50 BB. </font>

B Dids
07-01-2004, 02:33 PM
SBs flop bet and then turn check tells me that he's got a piece of the flop, and so counting on your ace kicker to be good is a little suspect. Morever, those are small cards, but by the end it isn't like the board is totally raggy, there's 4 to a straight and a pair. I think your fold is fine.

Xiphoid
07-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I would fold to any bet on the turn or river with that many opponents in and a paired/straight board.

Rico Suave
07-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Malarky:

I would fold the flop.

--Rico

gojacketz
07-01-2004, 03:33 PM
With five more players behind me, I have to pitch this on the flop. With that many players and no piece of the board, I see no reason to chase anything in this hand. Your Ace outs might not be good, the Ten may be good, but it coordinates the board even more. I am outta there.

If I got to the river, I would fold it, but I don't think I would've gotten there.

Gojacketz

Malarky
07-01-2004, 03:49 PM
This happens quite often to me, too. This board was a bit more coordinated than usual, but if I don't hit on the flop and I'm looking at a bunch of numbers smaller than my pocket cards I have a tendency to want to see the turn. I suppose that is a bad idea, though?

Greg J
07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Without reading responces from other players yet, i think you should have laid this down on the flop.

Greg J
07-01-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This happens quite often to me, too. This board was a bit more coordinated than usual, but if I don't hit on the flop and I'm looking at a bunch of numbers smaller than my pocket cards I have a tendency to want to see the turn. I suppose that is a bad idea, though?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is definately a habit you should break when the pot is small.

RED_RAIN
07-01-2004, 07:24 PM
This is also a bad board for you since lots of draws.

HajiShirazu
07-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Fold on the flop. You have average overcards and a lot of people left to act behind you, the pot is only of moderate size and in addition, you could easily catch an ace or ten only to lose on fifth street. If you were going to play you should probably raise but fold is much better.