PDA

View Full Version : KK against AA - could I have lost less (or possibly folded on 4th?)

Kevin
07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (21.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24.50 BB, between CO, SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (24.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Ks (one pair, kings).

<font color="black">
I felt that I was behind after he capped and led out on 4th - AA or JJ (not to have MUBS, but he did 3 bet preflop and bet out and 3 bet the flop).

When it is 2 bets back to me on the turn do I even remotely think of laying this down or just take my medicine if I am behind (or Do I cap after calling?).

Thanks,
Kevin

BonJoviJones
07-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Curious what CO had. AJ?

I think you might be able to lay it down here. The SB and CO are going to war, and you're stuck in the middle. It could be capped by the SB, and you could get stuck for a lot of bets on the river if the SB bets, you call, CO raises, etc.

May be best to drop it.

Muckahaihan
07-01-2004, 02:02 PM
It would have been a tough laydown, but with the action on the turn, I would have strongly considered it.

bisonbison
07-01-2004, 02:04 PM
You'll get better responses if you don't include the results in the thread title.

Muckahaihan
07-01-2004, 02:19 PM
It would definitely help to know the tendencies of your opponents.

sthief09
07-01-2004, 02:25 PM
I think I'd fold to the 3-bet on the turn. it's one thing if there's one guy showing a lot of aggression, but here there's 2 of them. you have to figure that on a board like that, where 2 pair is unlikely, you're drawing to 2 outs.

Chris Daddy Cool
07-01-2004, 02:34 PM
I smell AA and a set of JJ, or AA and QQ, or JJ and QQ, either scenerio hero's behind. I think you can fold on the turn once its two cold back to you, though with a pot that large, there may be enough cases where its an overplayed AJ and QQ, but that read is player dependant.