PDA

View Full Version : Maniac surprises me...

SomethingClever
07-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Here's one I hadn't seen before.

Party, $0.50/$1.00. There are a few maniacs at the table, but one guy is literally playing every hand. He's winning and losing huge amounts on everything... seeing almost every hand to the river, etc....

The button comes around and now the maniac is the BB. 5 or 6 players limp. It's his action, he can check and see the flop, but instead he FOLDS!

I don't think he could have hit the wrong button, because don't you get an error message when you try to open-fold?

I almost fell out of my chair.

MarkD
07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Pre-flop, if you put a check in the "Fold" box, it folds your hand in the BB. That's why you need to make sure you check the "Check or Fold" box. This isn't uncommon, and I think I've done it a couple of times while multi-tabling (it sucks when it happens to you, infinite odds rule).

Billman
07-01-2004, 12:30 PM
I was playing in a tournament a few weeks ago against this lady who wasn't a maniac but she was just as bad. NL tourney, everybody folds to her, she raises $100, more folds and finally a guy goes all-in with his last $110. It's a $10 re-raise to her. She folds. Everyone at the table is sitting there in shock. Even the dealer is looking at her. After a few moments he mucks her cards into the pile and finally someone breaks the silence by asking why she folded to a $10 re-raise. She responded "Oh, I thought it was more."