PDA

View Full Version : Party's Bad Beat Jackpots: Definitely +EV

nothumb
07-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Since I there's no drop, this is free money. I shouldn't even have seen the flop on this hand, I know. Just for being dealt in I got $200.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.75 BB, between Button and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (20.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 3d 3s (four of a kind, threes).
Button shows Kh Kc (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Button wins 20.75 BB. </font>

Table went absolutely nuts. Free money rules!

NT

Zetack
07-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Pretty cool.

Although I don't think I've ever even seen quads cracked by higher quads at any table I've played at...

--Zetack

nothumb
07-01-2004, 05:19 PM
This was the first time I've seen it as well, but apparently it has happened three times since Party opened these tables. Is that astonishingly unlikely? How often is that supposed to happen? I mean, I know nobody folds a PP pre-flop on these tables, but I still think it's pretty wild.

NT

JPinAZ
07-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Another message board I frequent had a get together in Vegas a few weeks ago. One of the guys was playing at a table &amp; had quad 5s. The guy next to him turned over quad 7s. The bad beat jackpot was around $50,000.

benfranklin
07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apparently it has happened three times since Party opened these tables. Is that astonishingly unlikely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not given the number of hands dealt at Party every day. Michael O'Malley from Party posted in the Zoo when the jackpot was first announced, to answer similar questions. He said that they had crunched the number on past hands, and were figuring about one jackpot payout per day once it got up and running, with a lot more tables then are being played now. That's why they dropped the beaten hand requirement from quad tens to quad twos during the beta test, to hit more jackpots and get more people to play.