PDA

View Full Version : interesting draw situation

gomberg
07-01-2004, 11:03 AM
2/4 - Kd6d in the BB. 5 limpers, I check.

Flop: 4d6sAd

Checked to button who bets $16 - table is loose and passive - I call, short stack in middle goes all-in for an extra $50, button calls (you both have about $300 left and you know after the call the button most likely has a medium ace - like AJ or lower and is capable of folding). Does anyone push here? The CR all-in by the short stack could be anything, an ace, a draw, bottom pair, etc.

SkippingGoat
07-01-2004, 11:15 AM
I like a push here. I think your opponent has to fold anything except a set or two pair and you have outs to the nut flush even if he has a big hand. Depends on your tolerance for variance as to whether or not you routinely make this play. With $200 I push without thinking twice about it. With $300 it's a tougher play to make.

gomberg
07-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah - I decided to push, and sure enough, the original bettor folded. The turn and river blanked and I thought I lost, but the chips came to me as my all-in oponent had a lower flush draw with TJ! The other guy folded an ace, and he was a little upset after the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif Love when situations like that work out.

theBruiser500
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
well done