PDA

View Full Version : something rare for me... a slowplay

Greg J
07-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Couple of maniacs at the table. I'm in between them. Lately I have been doing well at riding these guys like surfboards.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Greg calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

A rather nice flop, you think?

Flop: (24 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Greg calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Greg calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, Greg calls.

Oh yes, god yes. I'm getting aroused!!

Turn: (19 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Greg calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB calls, Greg calls.

River: (25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Greg calls, UTG+1 calls.

Damn it. Seeing this now, I know that SB slowed down I should have raised. Need to work on my slowplay skills. I missed out on a few bets here.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28 BB, between UTG+1, SB and Greg.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Greg (28 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 5s 5c (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Greg shows Jc Jh (four of a kind, jacks).
UTG+1 shows Ac Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Greg wins 28 BB. </font>

btspider
07-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I like the flop play. I would raise the turn when it comes back to you to close the action.

nothumb
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Very nice. Gotta love it. I don't mind the turn smooth call too much as it's unlikely you'll be re-raised. But I would raise it on the turn. Not raising it on the river is a little bit criminal IMO.

NT

SomethingClever
07-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Um, can I add the SB to my buddy list, please?

I wonder if he realized that neither of his hole cards would play.....

MarkD
07-01-2004, 11:48 AM
You need to re-raise on the turn after it comes back to you.

Furthermore, it's rare to get action on a board like this when you hold both Jacks, so you need to realize that fact and play accordingly. What that means is when the action is heated like it was it becomes less correct for you to slowplay and more correct for you to play fast.

I do like the flop though.

Greg J
07-01-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not raising it on the river is a little bit criminal IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are totally right.

Looking back I'm not sure why I didnt do that. That was a BAD error. Heat of the moment I guess -- you live and learn.

B Dids
07-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Once the SB won't 3-bet the turn, you can fire him from his job of doing your betting,- 3 bet the turn. And lead the flop. I don't think either of these players is folding at that point.

LeftBack
07-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Sometimes it's fun to just keep raising the river to see if you can get out without showing.

I don't know why I get enjoyment out of hiding such a nice hand. I guess I hope it adds to their frustration. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chief444
07-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Why no 3-bet on the turn after SB called the raise and you are closing the action? I think not 3-betting the turn was a bigger mistake than not raising the river although I think they were both mistakes. This probably lost you 2-4 BB's. Nice pot though anyway. It was nice of SB to go crazy with nothing and also call the river playing the board. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jaran
07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey Greg,
PF and flop are fine. I like the first turn call, but you should 3bet after UTG+1 raises. People will still give you action on the turn that they won't on the river. And yeah, with the way you played it, a river raise is a must.

-Jaran

gojacketz
07-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Holy cow, three bet before you with quads. That is good action.

I think I would reraise the turn instead of closing action with the call. Nobody is folding for another bet with that huge pot, and it may even get capped.

Haha, Small Blind bet out on the river playing the board? Make note of him, he not good.

Why did you call behind SB on the river? UTG+1 has been betting all along, he isn't gonna fold now.

You probably left a couple bets out there, but still a nice one.

Gojacketz

Ralph Wiggum
07-01-2004, 04:47 PM
3-bet the turn