PDA

View Full Version : Questions for GotMilk

Texter
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Now that your episode has been on TV. Are there any interesting stories from the Tourney? Any memorable hands? Did you bust anyone famous?

DogFace
07-01-2004, 12:01 PM
I think he busted Cloutier with a set of aces.

shaniac
07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
If I remember the way he told it, Ricky raised with AA, TJ called preflop. The flop came down AJX, giving Ricky top set. Ricky bet a healthy amount, TJ pushed allin and Ricky called. TJ had 98o and was drawing dead after the turn.

He didn't bust TJ on this hand, rather he doubled up off TJ here, but I'm sure it was a critical hand nonetheless.

Shane

jdl22
07-01-2004, 04:46 PM
I just wanted to add a couple questions.

Now that you got to see the hole cards that didn't go to showdown, were there any hands where you were very surprised by what they were holding?

Was the tv show representative of how the final table played out or do you think they edited out some other good hands or hands that were more representative of the action?

I'm always curious how the editing affects our perception of what happened. Unless the final table went very quickly like in the WSOP main event this year they will have to do a ton of editing.

Ulysses
07-01-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was the tv show representative of how the final table played out or do you think they edited out some other good hands or hands that were more representative of the action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very interested in gotmilk's answer to this - ie: how well the flow of the game and the image of players were reflected in the show.

tewall
07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Just judging by the chip counts, it appeared to me quite a few hands must have been missing.

Ulysses
07-01-2004, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just judging by the chip counts, it appeared to me quite a few hands must have been missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, many hands are clearly missing. But what I always wonder is whether or not the shows accurately reflect which guys have a tight image, which guys are splashing around in every pot, etc.

For example, if Hassan is taking stabs at every pot, and gotmilk has been folding to every raise for a while and every time he has moved in and been called he has shown the nuts, his KT vs. KK play looks quite different given that context. An extreme example, perhaps, but you get my point I'm sure.

tewall
07-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Sure. There's a lot of psychology going in, and we don't have all the info.

I thought the play was of very high calabre all around. It's easy to be critical watching on T.V.

OTOH some of the other shows players made plays so bad (like calling a re-raise all-in on a full table with AJ) that no amount of psychology would save the bad play. (or the dude that laid down 2 pair against Hoyt Corkins)

Gotmilk
07-08-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that your episode has been on TV. Are there any interesting stories from the Tourney? Any memorable hands? Did you bust anyone famous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing too interesting that hasn't already been discussed. Only person I can think of that I busted that was memorable was Chris Bigler on day 2. He was shortstacked and moved all in vs a limper, I called from the small blind with QQ, he had J9s and flopped something hideous like a pair and flush draw or open ended straight flush, i don't remember, but miraculously my hand held up. Other memorable hand was final table, 9 players left or so i had 1.6 million and doubled through TJ. That hand is talked about elsewhere im pretty sure, but if it wasn't then it goes like this : I open for some normal amount in MP with AA, he calls in cutoff or button i don't remember. just me and him. flop is A72. I bet something normal like 2/3 pot, he says all-in before i'm finished betting. i call. he flips 89c for a 3-flush and 3-straight. turn is a red 4 and im home.

Gotmilk
07-08-2004, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to add a couple questions.

Now that you got to see the hole cards that didn't go to showdown, were there any hands where you were very surprised by what they were holding?

I'm always curious how the editing affects our perception of what happened. Unless the final table went very quickly like in the WSOP main event this year they will have to do a ton of editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was nothing that struck me as particularly surprising. The most interesting to me was Matt's hand with 55 when Martin bluffed him. I figured Matt had something like this, and I remember really wanting to call with a hand like this though knowing it was impossible. Same way he reacted. Martin played that hand a little out of character with the check on the flop and no raise preflop--only thing he could have hit was some random ten on the turn, but i really don't think he would raise there with just a ten (Ten would play much better as a calling hand in that spot?).

THere were only 76 hands or something played at the final table so you pretty much get all the interesting ones (just skipping the folded preflop ones). I remember early on i tested the water with a raise with 49s preflop (or something equally suited and bad) and got called somewhere. i don't remember what happened but i didn't lose any more money than the preflop raise. other than that it was pretty representitave of the action.