PDA

View Full Version : Did I play correctly?

01-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Mirage: 20 - 40 Holdem

Me UTG: A,A raise.

Semi Lunatic SB: 3 bets. BB folds.

I call.

Flop: A,Q,Q.

SB: Bets, I call.

Turn: x

SB: Bets, I call

River: x

SB: bets, raise, reraise, reraise, reraise, call.

Was this hand played correctly.

Vince

01-11-2002, 05:30 PM
SB hand: Q,Q

Vince

01-11-2002, 05:42 PM
Bad Luck. Your opponent is twice as likely to have A-Q then Q-Q. You probably lost the minimum.

01-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Just responded to this post in another guise--what should be the nuts vs. immortal nuts. Your read of him as a maniac may have caused you to put in one more bet on the river than you otherwise would have.

Only thing you could do differently is raise the turn. If he re-raises, then you know not to go quite so hard on the river, as he may very well have putyou on AA from the go with your UTG raise, and would not bang back at you with AQ.

01-11-2002, 06:37 PM
I don't know if you played correctly or not, but I think 5 bets on the river (or on the turn if you raise then) is correct. I play it the same way (which is usually a sign that it's been played incorrectly, but this case might be an exception).

If it makes you feel any better, I have had 6 pair of pocket Aces the last 3 sessions and I'm zero for six, including 2 where I flopped an Ace.

Good to have you back, despite the bad luck hand.

01-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Andy -

Far be it for me to critique your play, but I'm just thinking . . .

You are flopping flushes, and would be flopping straight flushes if you were looser. You are losing with pocket aces.

Maybe you are the exception to the "Straights and Flushes - ride the busses. Aces and kings, ride in limousines" rule.

Or maybe not.

Better luck tomorrow.

Worm

01-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Thanks. FWIW, I've won all 3 sessions. I think I once read (Sklansky?) that it would be impossible to win at draw if you didn't get dealt any pat hands (or maybe it was you couldn't win at lowball if you didn't get dealt any pat 8s). Whatever, I wonder if you can continually get pocket Aces cracked and still win.

Anyway, I'd love to be the exception to most rules.

01-12-2002, 05:04 AM
Vince:

4 bet pre-flop.

Cap it on the flop.

check call turn.

Check call river.

After you see the Queens - very slowly and deliberately rip the aces into neat quarters.

Place these quarters into your mouth and chew vigirously.

Swallow Hard.

Imediately get up from the table, cash in your rack, go home, and do not play any form of poker for at least 24 hours.

Zeno from Greenland.

01-12-2002, 07:05 AM

01-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Vince I think you lost the minimum, I would have probably raised a typical "semi-maniac" one more time on the river hoping he had the old AQ, or maybe turned or rivered a small full house... my thinking might be a bit skewed though because I don't think I've ever made a full house with AA and lost in my poker career. /images/smile.gif

Shawn

01-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Shawn, are you related to Jack?

Dino

01-12-2002, 05:54 PM

01-13-2002, 12:53 AM