PDA

View Full Version : Not enough credit?

Zele
07-01-2004, 08:43 AM
SB is typical for the game, very loose and too aggressive. I doubt there will be debate pre- and on the flop, or on the river. In my weak-tight days, I would have pitched the turn for sure. Was I overcompensating here?

Party 10/20 (6m)
5 handed

Hero has J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB. Folded to SB, who limps, Hero raises, SB calls.

Flop(2 players, 4sb): A /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.

Turn (4bb): A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, Hero calls

River (6bb): 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, Hero calls.

DaveB
07-01-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm not folding this heads up against a "very loose and too agressive" SB unless you know he would only limp here with very good hands. Even then I don't think I could fold.

fyodor
07-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Against most opponents I think this is an easy fold. If he has an Ace you are drawing dead.

Against the opponent described it is worth calling down. If you are right 1 time in 4 you break even. An overaggressive player besides out and out bluffing, may just be overplaying a 4. His thinking is that the 2nd Ace makes your holding one less likely and he therefore has top pair.

spydog
07-01-2004, 01:45 PM
I think you played this very well. If he is holding an Ace, he probably would have tried for a check-raise on the turn. My guess is that he paired the 3 or 4 and is now thinking you don't have the Ace. His leading the turn tells me that 'hey, I have low/middle pair, let me see if you have the Ace'. I always call down in this situation. I wouldn't raise this turn for fear of him folding his 4s or 3s. If he bets the river, I call. If he checks the river, I bet.

grinin
07-01-2004, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't he have raised pre-flop with any A, given the above?

With your description you almost have to call down.

RiverMise
07-02-2004, 10:04 AM
This was played well. Here is my thinking:

If he had an ace, I think there was a good chance that he would raise you pf. If its folded to him, and he is SB and has an ace... your typical party player (especially overly-aggresive) raises there. As per the flop: I find that when you raise a typical party player that completed SB, they are likely to CR the flop w/ low/med pair or crap just to "test you" and punish you for raising pf.

All of these clues tell me he has no Ace. My guess is either a low pair or a gutshot draw.