PDA

View Full Version : Microlimit/freeroll sngs at vcpoker

AleoMagus
07-01-2004, 05:39 AM
I just thought I'd mention this here if there are any broke, poor, learning, or otherwise interested players.

Victor Chandlers site vcpoker is offering microlimit sngs with buy-ins lower than $1. They even add money to some. I think they are offering a $0.10 sng which they add .04 to.

They even have a ten cent giveaway which is free to enter. This is a normal sng with no entry and the following prizes:

1st $0.05
2nd $0.03
3rd $0.02

I can't help wondering to myself if vcpoker is brilliant or crazy with these sng offerings.

If anyone has played one or knows more I'd be interested. It's not worth any decent, properly bankrolled players time, but it could be a great place to start for the struggling player.

Regards
Brad S

ipp147
07-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Hi Brad,

VC are primarily a UK bookmakers. I have got my brother (and his girlfriend) into poker but as they are learning and don't have a great deal of free cash to splash about so they play there.

I just told him to play the $1 SNG's etc at work up through the $3 etc's and if he ever gets a proper bankroll then to bang it across to pokerstarts etc.

The site doesn't seem to be a skin (I'm not sure if its run by VC or whether someone has just licensed their name) and isn't that bad. Most of the lower limit tables are shortish handed (5 or 6) and the standard of play is as you would expect. Only other thing worth mentioning is that you get action points even at this lower limit which you can use to enter cash freeroll's.

As you say, if you are short bankroll then I would recommend people to play here. It is the twilight zone between play and real money in all honesty.

Cheers
ipp

Mr Trips
07-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I used to play alot on VC and allthough I don't have any specifics about these tiny SNG's they are allways there.

I would definately recomend VC for its great support (live chat with friendly and helpfull hosts) and its also great for MTT's with much more variety and regularity than PP or Ladbrokes for instance. Which is pretty impressive for a site of it's size.

However in terms of ring games its a small pond with some big sharks.

Tharpab
07-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know the url?