PDA

View Full Version : Good time to get creative?

Transference
07-01-2004, 04:19 AM
Went on tilt for the first time in quite a while this morning. I'm not upset with myself for getting on tilt but I'm furious with myself for not recognizing it sooner. Figured I'd better tear myself away from the tables and find a hand to post...

This is a pretty standard big blind goes good situation, but this is one of those spots where I've been wondering if I should be looking to check raise to catch another bet or two.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (9.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7h 9h (full house, sevens full of tens).
MP2 shows Ad Ah (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.75 BB. </font>

bisonbison
07-01-2004, 05:16 AM
This is how I would play it. If this is you on tilt, I'd hate to see you playing straightforward.

afk
07-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Where exactly where you planning to check-raise here? You've got no indication where the bet would come from, and if it comes from the right and you check-raise then you've probably cost yourself money. If you were going to check-raise you need to be very sure that the bet would come from your left. I think you played it fine as it is.