PDA

View Full Version : JJ on the button vs Scary flop

L0QTiS
07-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

<font color="red"> Bad flop, but I can't see just checking here so I bet </font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> I paused and called here figuring if I don't catch a heart or T I'm done with the hand. I'm sure I'm behind, but I have outs. </font>

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Results :

Hero shows Jh Js (straight, ace high).
UTG shows Qd Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.75 BB.

UTG went off about how I could be betting with 2 overcards on the flop, and then call his turn bet, blah blah blah. Comments?

7Dave
07-01-2004, 06:45 AM
Well you have a pair, a gutshot and a backdoor. Not so bad, you can bet the flop. The turn is an easy call.

nh.

/d

bakku
07-01-2004, 06:48 AM
I check the flop, the rest is fine. I don't like betting into 3 players with an underpair to the board, especially at a limit where people love playing Ax, Kx hands.

chief444
07-01-2004, 08:39 AM
I like all streets. Also, I think not betting this flop in this situation with position would be a mistake. With that board and your pf raise there is a reasonable chance of picking up the pot with the flop bet and even if called you are very likely to be given the chance to check the turn through. You just can't expect something two-pair or better to be out there with no pf raise (even though it was /images/graemlins/confused.gif) The only hand I really worry about is J-10.

Rico Suave
07-01-2004, 09:46 AM
LoQtis:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG went off about how I could be betting with 2 overcards on the flop, and then call his turn bet, blah blah blah. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have typed in, "Resistance is futile."

--Rico