PDA

View Full Version : Funny/Crazy 2/4 Hand

DogFace
07-01-2004, 03:15 AM
ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts SB($1), Hero posts BB ($2).

PRE-FLOP
Folded to UTG+7. UTG+7 bets $4, SB folds, Hero bets $4, Enemy (UTG+7) bets $4, Hero calls $2.

FLOP [board cards QH,AD,6D ]
Hero bets $2, Enemy bets $4, Hero calls $2.

TURN [board cards QH,AD,6D,JH ]
Hero bets $4, Enemy bets $8, Hero bets $8, Enemy bets $8, Hero calls $4.

RIVER [board cards QH,AD,6D,JH,AH ]
Hero checks, Enemy bets $4, Hero calls $4.

Results in white: <font color="white">
Enemy shows [ 10H,5D ]
Hero shows [ KH,10S ]</font>

Discussion: I obviously played my KT very aggressively, but it reeked of a steal move. In situations like this where I'm very aggressive before the flop I almost always bet the flop. I thought I was beaten when he re-raised me, but I think at that point I was getting correct odds to call with my gutshot. When it hit I obviously played it as fast as I could. The ace on the river was a huge scare card for me as it made a full house a very real possibility. That is why I simply check/called.

When I saw his hand I couldn't believe it. The funny thing is I nearly folded to his re-raise on the flop. I'm used to people online playing relatively predictably. I think this guy went way too far with his bluff. When those two over cards flopped he should have realized that his ten high probably wasn't good. I guess he thought I might fold, but in his shoes I would expect someone who played as hard as I did before the flop to have quite possibly hit a piece of that board.

What do you think about the way I played it? I think I was probably way too aggressive calling his four bets pre-flop, but I really felt like he was trying to steal. I was right this time.

LikesToLose
07-01-2004, 10:07 AM
UTG+7 is the funniest thing about this post