PDA

View Full Version : Not AK

BottlesOf
07-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (9.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.20 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

This felt kinda funny....

BottlesOf
07-01-2004, 02:43 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tosh
07-01-2004, 02:45 PM
The turn seems like a good place to raise ?

Muckahaihan
07-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I may have raised the flop or the turn. I don't think the guy leads out with a 10. A flush draw seems more likely.

sfer
07-01-2004, 03:07 PM
It felt funny because you know you wouldn't have folded to a turn 3-bet if you raised there. Knowing you have trouble doing that, it's passable. But you really should raise the turn with 2 players behind you.

Rico Suave
07-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Boom:

I am torn here.

I think I see an easy raise on the turn.. you are likely ahead and can collect extra bets from any flush draw that you won't get on the river.

On the other hand, with a bettor and 2 other callers on the flop with that board, I would be a little concerned of a slowplayed T. Doubtful they all have flush draws. In addition, is raising to force the other 2 opponents out really the best play? Given that flop and turn, what specific hands (other than a flush draw, which is not going anywhere) do we want to fold here...over cards, other pocket pairs? We do not want them to fold, they are welcome to come along for the ride, imo. Perhaps this is actually the best line to maximize profits and minimize losses on this hand.

--Rico

BottlesOf
07-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Yay, I have one fan /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bdk3clash
07-01-2004, 05:35 PM
I flip over my AA, ask "Do you have a ten?", and stare deep into my opponents' souls.

http://www.planetpoker.com/images/misc/mikecaro1.jpg

"Do you have a ten?"

Oh wait, this is online. I would have raised the flop and taken it from there, but if I had called the flop (a perfectly reasonable, and probably better, line) I would have played it just like you.

BottlesOf
07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I have no idea why you posted a picture of Mike Caro. I read his tells book a long time ago.