PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go to vegas this weekend - looking for clubs and stuff

MarkD
06-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Well, I did poker in vegas a few years ago and this time I'd like to hit a club or two in between poker sessions. What clubs are recommended? I'll probably be staying at the Boardwalk on the strip (nothing is booked yet) and I will be there tomorrow night if I go.

I'd also love to meet some 2+2'ers if any of you guys will be around this weekend. I'll be playing at the Belagio and Mirage.

Ulysses
06-30-2004, 11:44 PM
El Diablo is a big fan of Drai's, late-late night.

Sully
07-02-2004, 12:01 AM
El Diablo may not exercise good English, but he exercises good judgement when it comes to clubs in Vegas.

highlife
07-02-2004, 09:27 AM
I recommend not staying at Boardwalk if you can help it. I've heard several bad stories about that place.

slamdunkpro
07-02-2004, 10:15 AM
The Beach - across from the Convention Center

Luke
07-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Mark,

In the few times I've been to Vegas I've had fun just about every club I've been to.

Ra in Luxor was cool with a house/techno feel. When I went there it was Memorial Day Weekend so we used Vegas.com to get line pass tickets which worked great - saved a lot of time.

54 at MGM reminded me of a smaller version of Tunnel (a few years back) in NYC - basically, a dirty/industrial atmosphere and very crowded at times but good mixture of music.

Ice had a diverse crowd and a few different "atmospheres", one side playing mostly hip-hop and the other playing house music.

Drais was fun afterhours but for me, it didn't live up to the hype - maybe it was just too built up. Most people love that place though.

I had a great time at Baby's in Hard Rock a couple years back but I think it's currently under construction.

My fionce recently went to Light at Bellagio and was really impressed with the atmosphere and music. The wait for that place can be insane at times though. She also went to Rum Jungle in the Mandalay Bay and said the music was OK and it was very crowded.

As for the Boardwalk, dude, that place looks shady. I'd strongly consider staying somewhere else. The Mandalay Bay has some bangin' chicks strolling through there and they offer a reasonable poker rate. The Luxor is right next door and they have a very inexpensive poker rate but only offer low limits. Other hotels have a poker rate (Bellagio, Orleans) as well but I'm not sure about the details.

Hope that helps - have a great time.

Luke

chrisdhal
07-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Ghost Bar and/or Rain at the Palms and Voodoo Lounge at the Rio are good too. The views from either are incredible.

Yeah, they're off strip, but they're both good properties and within walking distance of each other. The N9NE Steakhouse at the Palms is good too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jmark
07-02-2004, 12:22 PM
I have a friend who stays at the boardwalk everytime he goes to Las Vegas -- he loves it. To me, the prices seemed a little too high for what you get, there are cheaper places to stay. But none with a Prince cover act every night (which is what my friend loved).

Whatever club you goto make sure they have cage dancers. Or is it caged dancers?

WEASEL45
07-02-2004, 01:48 PM
yes, the beach is very nice. also, there is a club in the mgm that is insane i dont remember what it is called. its the one besides studio 54. it is right by all the table games.