PDA

View Full Version : SnG marathon goals

stupidsucker
06-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Here is the goal:

I am starting with a nice sized bankroll for 10+1 party SnGs ($600). The first thing I am doing is starting with 300 of the 10+1 levels. Provided that my RoI is over 25% and my bankroll is at least 300x the level (30x20 = 600) I will move up. If at any time if my bankroll moves below 15x the buy in (15x20= 300) then I will step down to the lower level.

The first 300 SnGs are more of a practice run to make sure I am doing the right thing, after the first 300 I will still play a minimum of 100 SnG's at each new level before moving up.

I am a winning SnG player so far with close to 1000 SnGs under my belt. (yes I am still a SnG baby)My goal is for everyone to learn from some posted hands/tourneys, and from what others have to say about them. I will try to post at least 1-2 times a week and share my progress.

The ultimate goal is to reach the 200+15 level and compare where my $$/hour rate is the best. It is possible I may never reach that level and if I don’t, all isn’t lost as long as I find where I will be the most profitable.

I reserve the right to change the rules slightly if I found I have backed myself into a corner, but with integrity and thought going into the changes. I welcome anyone to join me in this marathon. I will be playing a minimum of 100 SnGs a week. This may take forever depending on how much time I am able to put into it.

I will be starting playing 3-4 at a time, and may change this based on my roi. I am used to playing 4 ata time, but I admit I play better with less, but $$/hour is a factor and I think that stat is higher when I play all 4 tables.

minigoal #1
I would like to average about $3 profit for each 10+1 SnG I play for the first 300. This is a modest goal of 27% RoI.

AtlBrvs4Life
06-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Sounds like a good plan. I wish you luck.

stupidsucker
06-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Please download (http://www.tightpoker.com/replayer/replayer.zip)

This is a hand replayer, and will help with showing the hand histories I will be posting.

ddubois
06-30-2004, 11:14 PM
To comment further, I need to revise my estimation of the hand replayer. The first time I used it, it was slow and annoying, but I didn't realize it could be downloaded, so I was running it over the net. Once you download it, it's (obviously) much smother and more responsive and enjoyable to use. I can't recommend it strongly enough. I'll probably post more full SNG summaries as a result.

snowbank
06-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Good luck! Extremely interested to hear how you are doing. Doing a little bit of research myself with the 100 sit and go challenge. Very interested to see where I am most profitable as well. I will get into that more after I complete my 100 sit and go challenge, because I may start a similar thread based on research and increased profitability in more tables at a time, etc... Feel free to PM me as well with anything about your quest, or questions to what I have learned from sit and goes.

AtlBrvs4Life
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure if you know this already or not, but there is an option to change the speed of the replayer at the bottom right.

stupidsucker
06-30-2004, 11:24 PM
I am going out for a hearty burger at Kilroy's.

Need my brainfood, and I will begin when I return. I think I will go for 8-12 SnGs before I go to bed. I usualy play 4 ata time, and if I bust out early I pop another in its place right away. If I am doing poorly I found its better to walk away for a while, but if running well I stick with it.

Nemesis
07-01-2004, 12:44 AM
will it support PS?

slogger
07-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Best of luck, man! Sounds like you are quite the high volume player. I still cannot manage more than one or two at a time, but I think it has more to do with maintaining the right mindset - I don't like giving up any of my probability of cashing in a given sit'n'go, and so I sacrifice $/hr for increased ROI. So far, it's going pretty well for me, but if I ever want to make part of my living out of it, I will need to develop the multi-tabling skills I think.

Only 57 games into my formal 10+1 adventure (begun in connection with Snowbank's 100 SNG Challenge), but I'm cashing at an extraordinary (and, by all accounts, unsustainable) rate:

ITM: 50.9% (29/57)
1st: 13 (+$507)
2nd: 7 (+$133)
3rd: 9 (+$81)
4-10th: 28 (-$308)

Profit: $413
Prft/gm: $7.245

ROI: 65.87%

Est. hrly rate: $9.65/hr (assumes 45 mins/gm and only one game at a time)

Not sure how to estimate how much my ROI would be reduced by playing more than 1 or 2 tables at once. But I'm not so sure I want to try it, because even if I can sustain an ROI half as good as my current percentage at the 30+3 games (and hopefully larger buy-ins at some point down the road), I think I'll be happy with my $/hr.

For now, just going to focus on not letting my win rates drop too far (when the inevitable downswing occurs).

stupidsucker
07-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Nemesis I am not certain. I am going to say no, but I could be wrong.

The first 4 are under my belt, and things have started off well. Playing 4 at a time I placed 4th, 3rd, 3rd, and 2nd for a net profit of $26 ITM %75 and an RoI of 59%. I of course can not sustain this, but I feel better starting off on a good note rather then bad.

I was hoping to add some hands on this post to give a test run on the replayer, but empire has still not sent them after a good 30 minutes now. It will have to wait till tomorrow.

Jason Strasser
07-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Good luck.

AtlBrvs4Life
07-01-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
will it support PS?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not right now, and I don't know of any plans to support PS in the future.