PDA

View Full Version : top pair bleh kicker

schwza
06-30-2004, 09:49 PM
i don't like how i played this hand at all. the SB had shown himself to defend his blinds with bad hands, and so had the button, so i thought the odds were low i'd steal the blinds. but i thought limping in from the cutoff would be weak, so i raised anyway. maybe i should have folded.

i potted it with what i hoped was the best hand on a draw-heavy board (including overcards). my plan was to shutdown if called, and the 3rd spade hitting the turn made that easy.

any and all comments appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 TEHero***** (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($140.95)
SB ($37.50)
BB ($46.10)
UTG ($79.35)
Hero ($48.50)

Preflop: Hero TEHero%%%%%J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, SB calls $3, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,50,

Flop: ($13) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, Button calls $12, SB folds.

Turn: ($37) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $52
<font color="green">Main Pot: $37, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $15, returned to Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Button wins $52. </font>

Roman
06-30-2004, 11:11 PM
folding is definitely the safe play, but I feel like you just gave the pot away at the turn. If you think you have a fairly good chance of being ahead (as he defends blinds) I would lead out on turn and fold to raise.

schwza
06-30-2004, 11:16 PM
yeah, i wasn't so happy about giving it up on the turn. the problem with betting the turn is that i only had about 32 at that point with a pot of 37. if i make any bet i'll feel like i'm pot-stuck.