PDA

View Full Version : TT in the BB, capped PF, flop comes low cards

Xiphoid
06-30-2004, 09:37 PM
The SB in this hand is decent for Party .50-1.00 and has made a profit at the table.

Button is horrible, so don't worry too much about him/her.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB caps, Hero calls, Button calls.

I 3-bet to attempt to get it heads up with the SB. I'm surprised when SB caps it.

Flop: (14 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls.

A good flop for TT, but SB could have a higher pair. I still think it's worth it to raise here. Anyone disagree? I expected to get 3-bet, but didn't.

Turn: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

I think it's correct to bet again here with my flop aggression. Again, anyone disagree? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

River: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

SB had JJ and took it down.

citizenkn
06-30-2004, 10:03 PM
I think you played it great, but by the river I'd think there is no way that you have the best hand (once the K came on the turn, any hand that he would cap with pre-flop has you beat: JJ-QQ-KK-AA-AK). So I'd take the free showdown instead of betting at the end, since there is no way he will fold to one more bet.

HajiShirazu
07-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Check the river-even your turn bet is a bluff of sorts.

SoCalPat
07-01-2004, 02:59 AM
I like the turn bet. If the SB is the good player you have him pegged to be, he might make the folds ordinary players wouldn't. He might take your flop raise and turn bet into a K as a sign his JJ is no good and fold.

When he doesn't fold the turn, however, you have to check behind on the river. You won't be called by a worse hand here, and given his PF action, he can beat TT. Save the bet here.

Personally, I'm surprised the SB didn't put in a third bet on the flop, given his PF cap. When you cap with JJ, you don't really give yourself a chance to see where you're at. If I'm three-bet with JJ, I'll just call, then bet out or raise the flop if it's a favorable one (all undercards, preferably, or one that improves my hand).