PDA

View Full Version : Using Poker Tracker to make useful notes

ZeeJustin
06-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Is this possible in SNG's? I would like to use the export notes/stats function for my SNG stats, but have no clue what info would be particularly useful.
-Justin Bonomo

slogger
06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Last time I attempted this, PT seemed to indicate that the advanced exporting function was only available for ring games. Am I mistaken?

dfscott
06-30-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I attempted this, PT seemed to indicate that the advanced exporting function was only available for ring games. Am I mistaken?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct (at least, that's what it says). So I don't see a lot of value unless you browsed through the tourney players DB and made manual notes in PT based on their stats, and then did a "normal" export.

Frankly, I think the notes you write online are better since you get to see the context of the player's actions.

ZeeJustin
06-30-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think the notes you write online are better since you get to see the context of the player's actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6 SNG's at once, so I miss many noteworthy actions.

Let's say I were to look at every player i've played over 25 SNG's with, and update their notes manually. What would be the best stats or hand histories or whatever to look at for the most noteworthy info?

dfscott
06-30-2004, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 6 SNG's at once, so I miss many noteworthy actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess with that many at once, you don't try to read the players that much, which seems really tough in NL HE. Do you just have a system that you stick to?

[ QUOTE ]

Let's say I were to look at every player i've played over 25 SNG's with, and update their notes manually. What would be the best stats or hand histories or whatever to look at for the most noteworthy info?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I'm new at tourney play, but at first glance, I'd look at people's VP$IP in the middle rounds to see how much they're gambling. Other than that, I don't know. Might be interested to know how many they've played and what their average finish is, but I imagine you'd have to have a pretty big DB to make that worth much.