PDA

View Full Version : Monster Flop, Lots of Action, How do I maximize?

gojacketz
06-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Super loose/passive table. Only hand I have seen raise before the flop was AA. It is a virtual limpfest. Couple players just left, one poster that I know nothing about. So, I limp with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1 after a caller.

SB in this hand might be a little on tilt, couple hands ago he got Aces cracked by runner-runner flush (I had KK, so he got lots and lots of preflop and flop action) to lose a monster pot.

BB likes to put money in the pot (VP$IP is over 50%) and is super aggressive after the flop.

UTG's VP$IP is 87.18% (yes I have him on my list and no, I won't tell you his name, hehe), so anybody's guess what he was chasing.

I don't flop monsters very often, wasn't sure what to do to get as much money out of them as I could. Does anyone raise on the flop? I think I got about as much out of them as I could, helped by a nice river, but seeing what they had, looks like I might have been able to get more on the flop (but of course, I didn't know this at the time).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Nice so far, just what I wanted.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Incredible flop. Here I thought about raising the flop, but wanted someone to catch up a bit. Should I have raised here? I don't see a reason why I should have. I want to keep cutoff and everyone else in this pot as long as possible.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

I figure the raise here keeps at least BB and UTG in for two bets, hopefully BB will raise so I can cap it here, but no dice.

River: (11.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

I was loving it when BB raised and SB capped. I thought for a second river might have made SB quads, and this wasn't a bad beat jackpot table, but it didn't.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.50 BB, between SB, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (23.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3c 5s (full house, threes full of fives).
BB shows Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
Hero shows Ah 2h (straight flush, five high).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.50 BB. </font>

nothumb
06-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Looks good to me Jacketz. Someone will yell at you for limping with this, but it won't be me.

NT

gojacketz
06-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I won't limp a lot with Axs early, but at this table, even 7 handed, I expect to get at least 5 players for one bet. I agree that much of the time you could yell at me for this, but not in this game.

Gojacketz

antidan444
06-30-2004, 05:31 PM
You really need to more accurately describe your hands.

You wrote "monster" flop.

That was actually a "MONSTER~!" flop.

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that flop. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PhatTBoll
06-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Nothing wrong with limping here with your read. Well played.

Also I believe the bad beat jackpot only triggers with quad 10's or better.

Greg J
06-30-2004, 05:58 PM
That is so sweet. Marginal preflop call... but man what a sweet outcome!!

I flopped quad Jacks the other day and turned into a calling station while two guys got into a betting war. That is one great feeling.

I like the flop call. String em along and let the pot get bigger. Good turn raise. The river played itself.

Congrats on the SF!!! I've never gotten one.

HajiShirazu
07-01-2004, 02:33 AM
The BBJ has been changed, it's any quads being beaten now.
I like raising the flop-your opponents have showed no interest in folding and a fourth suited card could kill your action. Also, this seems odd, but if you raise this flop, you could keep the others around longer. By making the pot bigger on the flop, it encourages people to call along for the turn and river because "nobody would raise with a flopped flush", "the pot is big and I have to see if he really has it", and "maybe I can draw out with my ten of hearts, I bet he has a set here."