PDA

View Full Version : KQo and QJo in Party 5-10 (6max)

RiverMise
06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
So, I was browsing my poker tracker stats and QJo and KQo are the two hands I lose the most on in 5/10 (6max) on party. I have been dealt QJo 83 times, and KQo 73 times... which I think is a decent sized sample.

Please give me your opinions on how I am playing these hands.

For QJo: I raise if I am first person in. If someone raises before me, I fold unless I am BB (where I call 1 more bet). If I am SB, I will complete. 3bet and cap to me I always fold.

For KQo: I raise if I am first person in. If someone raises before me, I call. If I am SB I will often fold to a raise, BB I call. 3bet and cap to me i always fold.

So... what do u think?

Thanks!

rory
06-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Fold QJo in EP, raise if you are first in and are button or button +1. Fold it for a raise and maybe even fold it for a limp. This is a blind stealing hand for me.

Fold KQo to a raise by default. I fold it in the BB too if the person is raising from UTG and is a pretty good player.

These should put you on the right track with these hands.

RiverMise
06-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the response. Any other opinions? Also, what are your stats with these hands?

[ QUOTE ]
Fold QJo in EP, raise if you are first in and are button or button +1. Fold it for a raise and maybe even fold it for a limp. This is a blind stealing hand for me.

Fold KQo to a raise by default. I fold it in the BB too if the person is raising from UTG and is a pretty good player.

These should put you on the right track with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zele
06-30-2004, 04:48 PM
QJo is crap. Fold it unless you're in LP.

If there's one player in for a raise in front of me, I always fold or reraise with KQo, depending on how much I respect his action. You should hardly ever be cold calling a single raiser, no matter what your hand.