PDA

View Full Version : Bush's daughters should enlist and go to Iraq

jokerswild
06-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Since Bush didn't complete his guard service, he should show the Bush family really cares. Both his daughters, and George P.Bush (Jeb's son) should immediately volunteer and go to the front in combat positions.

ThaSaltCracka
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
this is a stupid idea.

mikeyvegas
06-30-2004, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a stupid idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Instead of going to Iraq, the Bush sisters would be better off just sitting on my lap. I know that really doesn't make any sence, but it was fun to type...

DougBrennan
06-30-2004, 05:36 PM
this is a stupid idea

It is certainly an unlikely idea. However, I do believe that if more politicians, of whatever stripe, had a more visceral understanding of the human costs of war, there would be a hell of a lot less of it.

Doug

jokerswild
06-30-2004, 08:15 PM
I see. You believe that only the poor should be allowed to serve.

Roosevelt's kid served in WWII. The Kennedy's fought and one died in WWII.

Bush Sr. did honorable service. GWB desserted.

It is sad that lower economic class members die in Iraq for the lies of GWB.

juanez
06-30-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead of going to Iraq, the Bush sisters would be better off just sitting on my lap. I know that really doesn't make any sence, but it was fun to type...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

whiskeytown
06-30-2004, 10:11 PM
yah...we used to hold the young responsible for the sins of their stupid parents....

I believe the practice died out around 2000 B.C. however..

06-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Utah has a low IQ huh? Lol

trippin bily
06-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Joker your post has more lies than a mishael moore movie.
Bush DID complete his guard servise. He received an Honorable Dischrge it is a matter of public record.
It is not only the poor who serve in military. A volunteer service has people from all walks of life.
Most Presidents have not had children fight in wars. Kennedy included.
Be careful running with the moore lies.
Most of the movie has been completely proven to be lies. Even the New York Times says so.
Moore is an idiot. I have read your posts, you are not. Don't quote the idiot.

jokerswild
07-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Joe Kennedy, Jr. was killed in WWII. Jack Kennedy was badly wounded. Their father was the appeasement leaning ambassador to England.

Moore didn't lie when he stated that only one out of 535 members of Congress have a son or daughter in Iraq.

John Kerry served honorably. George W. Bush had his father intervene to obtain his discharge.

I firmly believe that the military has more lower economic income members than wealthy in its ranks.

Moore's film has about 90% stone cold facts, and 10% speculation.

Make no mistake, the Bush family investments have done quite well with the current occupant in the White House.
Cheney and Bush lie every day.

I saw a clip today of another US soldier that was killed 6-30-04 in Iraq. The military didn't count it as KIA. They stated it was an accident. I don't think that the US military can be trusted to tell the truth at all about the situation. The parents of that fallen soldier suffer even if the Pentagon doesn't count it as killed in action.

That soldier should never have been placed in harms way.

ThaSaltCracka
07-01-2004, 02:49 AM
you seriously lake perspective and intelligence. My brother is in the military and my parents are neither rich or poor, we are middle class. One of the friends from High school is also in the Air Force and his parents are well off. This has nothing to do with being rich or poor. My whole point was that you and all of your "points" are incredibly stupid and partisan. You are just as bad as the uber right wing conservatives you hate.

daryn
07-01-2004, 03:29 AM
i agree with salt.

no matter how your politics lean, sensible people can pick out the crazies pretty easily from both the left and right.

Rooster71
07-01-2004, 03:53 AM
I saw something on the news the other day stating that out of the 535 members on the Congress/Senate plus GW's cabinet the number of those that had children serving in Iraq or Afghanistan was something like 5 or 6.

Personally, I would like to see Dick Cheney go to the front lines in Iraq.

jokerswild
07-01-2004, 03:54 AM
I guess the Bush family just isn't committed to Iraq.

Teddy Roosevelt's grandson hit Omaha Beach on D-Day.

GWB
07-01-2004, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw something on the news the other day stating that out of the 535 members on the Congress/Senate plus GW's cabinet the number of those that had children serving in Iraq or Afghanistan was something like 5 or 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would interested in relevant statistics. Many of these people do not have sons in the 18 to 25 age range, so it is hardly fair to expect them to have family members involved.

jokerswild
07-01-2004, 10:15 AM

GWB
07-01-2004, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TR also lost a son in WWI, and my Dad was shot down over the Pacific. What have you done?

craig r
07-01-2004, 10:36 AM
ahhh...using a fallacy to argue.

jokerswild
07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
I didn't go AWOL. I didn't invade a country without provocation. I didn't claim that this is a "war to save civilisation itself", while keeping all my family members on the sideline. I never had my Dad get me out of trouble.
I've never been grounded for being too drunk to fly, nor failed a urine analysis. I've never made jokes about poeple being executed. I've never revealed the name of a CIA covert operative. I've never argued executive priviledge to cover up my wrongs.

I voted for GHWB in 1988. I will never vote for the current usurper of the White House.

GWB
07-01-2004, 08:00 PM
You still haven't said what you did, but you (as always) misrepresent what I did. I am fighting a war against terrorism, you conveniently define it as wrong and each step I take as unjustified, but you are wrong about that.

We will not win by hiding under the bed, if you guys elect Kerry I am sure he will prove that to you (to your regret).

Mayhap
07-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I think they should send Kerry's daughter with that see through dress. Then you would see some Islamic track stars!
Sure nufff!
/M

jokerswild
07-01-2004, 10:27 PM
You have enough information from my posts to reveal my name at birth. Your office already has shown that it likes to publish people's occupations. Indictments are close fron the Grand Jury in the Plame case.

paland
07-02-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have enough information from my posts to reveal my name at birth. Your office already has shown that it likes to publish people's occupations. Indictments are close fron the Grand Jury in the Plame case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys act like you believe that this is the real George W Bush. I mean, this is getting eerie.

SlyR
07-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Oh boy, same s**t different pile...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a ratio of 107:1. Out of a random sample of 107 people that you know, how many have sons or daughters serving in Iraq? My guess is that one would sound reasonable to you. Jeez, and I thought the sort of folks who frequent this site would understand such a concept.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would like to see Dick Cheney go to the front lines in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and I'd love to see John Kerry serve in a real, Private Sector, blue-collar job. The fact is, a statement such as yours serves no real logical point. We all do what we do, and that's that.

[ QUOTE ]
Moore's film has about 90% stone cold facts, and 10% speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]Could you tell us how you arrived at those numbers?

[ QUOTE ]
I firmly believe that the military has more lower economic income members than wealthy in its ranks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, a matter of probability: There are more people of lower income in just about any field than there are of higher income. So what?

[ QUOTE ]
Make no mistake, the Bush family investments have done quite well with the current occupant in the White House.

[/ QUOTE ]This is a clear case of class resentment. Who's whining about Kerry's marriage into a multimillion dollar dynasty? Bush's wealth is somehow evil just because it involves oil? He's from Texas, for pete's sake. Wealth often flows in ways that might seem inappropriate to us: How about all the tax exempt unions which violate federal law by spending billions on political campaigns? You and I can go back and forth all day on money issues. I say let it rest and save the ulcers.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a clip today of another US soldier that was killed 6-30-04 in Iraq. The military didn't count it as KIA. They stated it was an accident. I don't think that the US military can be trusted to tell the truth at all about the situation. The parents of that fallen soldier suffer even if the Pentagon doesn't count it as killed in action.

That soldier should never have been placed in harms way.

[/ QUOTE ]A sad story, but I fail to see how it invalidates the war effort. What about the successes we've seen? The death of Hussein's sons? The capture of several high-ranking officials? The installment of a democracy in the Middle East? News flash: People die during wars.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheney and Bush lie every day.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a statement we often see but I haven't seen much that would actually back it up. Lie about what, exactly? It may interest you, btw, that Vladmir Putin stated several days ago that (well prior to our attack on Iraq) Russian intelligence had discovered that Hussein indeed was planning an attack on the US, both at home and abroad. Putin has no vested interest in disclosing this information; after all, he voted against our military action later on.