PDA

View Full Version : AcJc w/ exposed Kd.

01-09-2002, 03:07 AM
Here's a hand which I think I misplayed. All comments welcome.

A weak player (who is too loose, and goes too far when beat , but has rather high raising standards) raises

early. An unpredictable though reasonable player calls behind her. A Kd gets

flipped up by a mucker. I have AcJc in the cuttoff.

Is it worth it to call here?

I thought the

multiway pot, the fact I would likely have position and the exposed king made it worth

it for me to call. One of the blinds also call. ( Note I wouldn't consider calling if I wans't suited).

4 see the flop of A Q J w/two spades and no clubs. Early raiser bets

next calls, I raise I thought i was likely best but I think i was being a bit

optimistic to think so. As she may have AQ AA QQ JJ ( 6+ 1 +3 +1= 11 such hands)

and I only beat AK, KK or

TT (6+3 + 6 thought she pbly wouldn't bet T's bbut she would bet K's). And the caller inbetween gives things to worry about also.

Was this raise good?

The turn is an offsuit 9. All check to me, I bet preflop raiser calls,

and the player inbetween raises. I call as does the other player.

RIver is a small card completing the flush. Mid player bets again

I call (should I fold here the only think i could possibly beat is weaker two

pair and i doubt he d be that aggressive w/two pair).

He shows Tc8c for a straight. Raiser claims to have KK.

All comments welcome.

01-09-2002, 08:09 AM
Against an early player with high raising standards, I wouldn't think twice about mucking preflop with AJs and only 1 other caller. I'd looking for a bit more multiway action (say 2-3 callers already in) than you had here before I play the hand for its flush value.

I have no problem with your raise on the flop, especially if you are correct about your 15:11 odds of having the best hand. There's plenty to draw at here, so make them pay to play with you when you're probably in the lead.

Same story on the turn, no reason to slow down yet. The check raise is scary, but you are getting 12:1 to draw at your 4 outs against an unpredictable opponent who probably (but not certainly) has you beat, so you can't fold yet.

The river seems pretty close to me. Most sane players would have you beat here when they continue betting the flush card, but against an unpredictable opponent you can maybe find the 7% of reasonable doubt to make the final call. It's probably marginal either way, so I would call for peace of mind and to verify my opponent's sanity.

01-09-2002, 12:39 PM
clearly fold to the raise turn ...i mean yes u got 4 out to the best hand but i cant believe the other player is going to call another raise with KK .... so he didnt have that... so you might be up against a set making all the jacks worthless and an original nut straight or the straight he had. Lay it down son!! Wait for another piss tight opprotunity to call with AJs

01-09-2002, 02:07 PM
"I would call for peace of mind and to verify my opponent's sanity."

Wonderful reasons, wonderful sentence. Positively Angeloic, bordering on Vashtaresque.

01-10-2002, 02:55 AM
You should flop the flop.

-MD