PDA

View Full Version : Pushing against the steal.

Talex
06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey guys,

Button seems to bet at anything checked to him post flop, and is pretty loose up front. No read on MP, so I'm assuming standard party player. How's my line?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">Should I be raising this here?</font>

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">Button could have a queen, but could be stealing, or have another little piece. Odds of him having a made straight seem low. I had checked intending to call a bet anyhow, so I call here.</font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">I want to know if a queen is out there, MP1 is sandbagging something, or if my hand is best. I expect to fold to a raise here.</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> I gotta believe MHIG and I don't think the button will bet after calling me on the turn. Value bet.</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As 9c (two pair, queens and nines).
Button shows 6h 8h (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Rico Suave
06-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Six:

Considering your read, I would raise the flop after the button bet and sb folded. Force MP out now and get it HU with the likely inferior hand.

--Rico

bdk3clash
06-30-2004, 02:42 PM
I think if you decide to proceed with this hand a check-raise on the flop is better than just calling.

Talex
06-30-2004, 02:54 PM
The flop checkraise seems painfully obvious at this point, I'm not sure why it wasn't at the time.

-Tim

Haupt_234
06-30-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 9.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Should I be raising this here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not.

Checkraise the flop. This is crucial not only because you think you have the button's hand beat, but because you have a good chance of knocking out the other opponents who may have a better hand than yours (since they are faced with 2 bets at once).

Haupt_234

sthief09
06-30-2004, 03:55 PM
I check-raise the flop and lead the turn 100% of the time.

this is with or without the read you have on him. the typical player will bet a wide range of hands here that you beat. since you called the flop I might even check-raise the turn with the Q coming out. you can probably even fold to a 3-bet.