PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 87s hand

mikeyvegas
06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
To defend the pf call, the table had been playing loose-passive with an average 6-7 to the flop for 1 bet.

The only guy I had a read on was UTG+1 who has now bought in twice for $30 and seems unhappy from some previous commencts he's made.

The results are fairly obvious, I was just curious about the flop play. I thought since I was drawing to the nut str8 this was a pretty good play. It kind of disguises my hand so if I do hit I'll get payed off and I get to screw with my varience. Good times...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero 3-bets, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls, UTG+1 caps, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.75 BB, between Button, UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (23.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 9h Ah (two pair, aces and nines).
Hero shows 7d 8d (straight, nine high).
Button shows As Jd (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.75 BB. </font>

bdk3clash
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Your flop play is perfect--this is classic Izmet Fekali-style ramming and jamming at its best.

Call-reraising here is MUCH better than raising in EP, since you trap other limpers for multiple bets.

Well played.

Muckahaihan
06-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Seems fine to me. A better question is why is UTG+1 capping with the third-best hand?

sthief09
06-30-2004, 03:03 PM
that was pretty.

I don't mind the PF limp so much given your description of the table.

sthief09
06-30-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine to me. A better question is why is UTG+1 capping with the third-best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

what's even funnier is that he slowplayed it until the river. he didn't bet or raise when he was ahead and he capped it when he was behind.

bdk3clash
06-30-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's even funnier is that he slowplayed it until the river. he didn't bet or raise when he was ahead and he capped it when he was behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often prefer to wait until I am least likely to be ahead to start raising.

"I play it the same." /images/graemlins/wink.gif