PDA

View Full Version : taking family to vegas

omahahahaha
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
I am posting this for a friend of mine who's taking his family to vegas sometime in July. He's bringing his wife and two children and will be staying at the Circus Circus. I believe they will be staying for four days. Although he will be interested in playing 20-40 to 75-150, his main priority for his first time voyage will be to entertain his family. Anyone who has any info of what and where he should visit while out there; i would relay it to him and it would be greatly appreciated. (p.s. the children are betweent the ages of 7 and 10 i believe)

midas
06-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Let's see -- oldest is only 10 - that leaves Crazy Horse off the list.

1. Boulder Dam
2. Cirque du Soliel shows
3. David Copperfield like magic shows.
4. Top of the Stratosphere Hotel Roller Coaster.

With kids, I'd stay at a hotel with a better pool area like Mandalay Bay. If your friend's got the dough to play 75-150 he can afford the rates at Mandalay.

Funny kids in Vegas story: My neighbor takes his 2 kids (13 and 17) to the Cirque water show in Bellagio(?). Dad orders 2 rum and cokes before the show and kids order regular cokes. Lights dim, show starts and ends - 13 year old is sleeping at the end of show. Dad tries to wake him and kid gets up and staggers around. Dad realized that his drinks were a little weak and that the 13 yr old had obviously downed both rum and cokes meant for him!!!

Lost Wages
06-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Agree with the staying at Mandalay idea. I took my (then) six year old daughter there last year and she hasn't stopped talking about Vegas since (brings a tear to my eye).

The arcade at Circus Circus is the best, we had to use a garbage bag to bring home all of the stuffed animals that she won since they wouldn't fit in the luggage. Didn't cost much either.

The Rick Thomas magic show at the Tropicana is great for kids. It's a daytime (family oriented) show and only costs about $20.

Downtown at night is great for the Freemont Street Experience and street artists and is free.

Lost Wages

mike l.
06-30-2004, 04:33 PM
"his main priority for his first time voyage will be to entertain his family...(p.s. the children are betweent the ages of 7 and 10 i believe)"

not sure if this is what youre looking for but i heard through the grapevine that chuck e. cheese in vegas is now spreading a couple .05-.10 $5 max buy in no limit hold em games, ages 7-13 only. my 9 year old was out there for the series and he came back w/ enough to buy a new bike... hope that helps.

Myrtle
06-30-2004, 11:27 PM
If the kids like pools, I'd seriously check out the Flamingo Hilton.......

Great pools for the kids and decent place to stay.

GREAT central location.....Easy walk to Mirage, Caesars and not too bad to Bellagio.

add the fact that the monorail is going into service on the 15th......

I did same last year, and kids enjoyed the hell out of it........